Sep 14, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
It’s the answer we should expect from Derrick Rose by now, almost 17 months after he suffered a torn ACL injury that kept him out of action for all of last season.
But it’s still great to hear him actually say it.
Rose, speaking while on a promotional tour overseas for adidas, says he’s feeling fully recovered now, and is at the point where he’s confident doing the things on the court that make him such a special talent.
“I think I am 100 percent,” Rose said, via CSN Chicago. “I’m doing almost everything. I’m squatting, running, lifting almost every other day, just being back on the court after you have an ACL injury, you’re kind of hesitant at first about how you step, what way you should step, learning how to run, accelerate, accelerate while you run and while you’re slowing down. For me, I’m reacting right now where I don’t have to think about anything. If I want to get to a spot, I’m going to get there no matter what. It kind of feels good having that feeling again.”
We should see Rose in action for the Bulls less than a month from now, when Chicago opens its preseason schedule against the Pacers in Indiana on October 5.
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You may want to try and cover Marc Gasol 5
- Jimmy Butler on Derrick Rose: “We want him to be 100 percent” for the playoffs 11
- Report: Free agent market for Jeff Green is as strong ‘if not stronger’ than it is for Rajon Rondo 19
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 54
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 3
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11