Sep 13, 2013, 7:15 PM EDT
It’s going to be an interesting season in Golden State — there are expectations now. No sneaking up on anyone.
They have a budding superstar in Stephen Curry, they went out and got a No. 2 guy and perimeter defender in Andre Iguodala, they have an All-Star in David Lee and good role players like Klay Thompson and Harrison Barnes.
But as we’ve talked about here before, Andrew Bogut is the playoff key for this team — if they are really going to make a run they need him healthy and defending the rim on defense. He was a key last playoffs and the second half surge of the Warriors the Warriors made after he missed 50 games to start the season.
Golden State Warriors center Andrew Bogut says he is “100 percent” healthy and feeling the best he has since fracturing his left ankle in January 2012.
Bogut said Friday that he is not limited in any workouts and expects “to play a lot of minutes” this season. He is entering the final year of his five-year, $60 million deal.
Go ahead and be shocked he thinks he ready for a big year in a contract year.
If he’s healthy and performs he’ll be 29 when he’s a free agent next summer and will get paid again. But with a list of injuries that would read like Bruce Wayne’s physicals, he’s going to have to prove it to teams.
Warriors’ fans hope he does. They need him.
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 5
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 19
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 20
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 31
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6
- What four players left likely to get cut from Team USA roster? Things don’t look good for Andre Drummond. 19