Sep 13, 2013, 11:10 AM EST
The first lesson here: You may not want to give Marc Gasol a clear path to the basket.
There were upsets yesterday in EuroBasket — the European championship going on right now — including Greece knocking off Gasol and Spain. There was Lithuania beating France.
Spain is now 1-2 in this round of group play and while they likely will win enough to advance on — the 12 teams remaining are playing in groups for 8 spots in the more traditional tournament style that is coming up — they need to play better or they will not win. Not that it matters, while the other teams at EuroBasket are playing for slots in the World Championships next summer, Spain is the host and as such they are already in.
Anyway, enjoy the highlights.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 5
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 15
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 11
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15