Sep 13, 2013, 11:10 AM EDT
The first lesson here: You may not want to give Marc Gasol a clear path to the basket.
There were upsets yesterday in EuroBasket — the European championship going on right now — including Greece knocking off Gasol and Spain. There was Lithuania beating France.
Spain is now 1-2 in this round of group play and while they likely will win enough to advance on — the 12 teams remaining are playing in groups for 8 spots in the more traditional tournament style that is coming up — they need to play better or they will not win. Not that it matters, while the other teams at EuroBasket are playing for slots in the World Championships next summer, Spain is the host and as such they are already in.
Anyway, enjoy the highlights.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 6
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 11
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 5
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3