Sep 13, 2013, 11:10 AM EDT
The first lesson here: You may not want to give Marc Gasol a clear path to the basket.
There were upsets yesterday in EuroBasket — the European championship going on right now — including Greece knocking off Gasol and Spain. There was Lithuania beating France.
Spain is now 1-2 in this round of group play and while they likely will win enough to advance on — the 12 teams remaining are playing in groups for 8 spots in the more traditional tournament style that is coming up — they need to play better or they will not win. Not that it matters, while the other teams at EuroBasket are playing for slots in the World Championships next summer, Spain is the host and as such they are already in.
Anyway, enjoy the highlights.
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 0
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 79
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20