Sep 13, 2013, 11:10 AM EDT
The first lesson here: You may not want to give Marc Gasol a clear path to the basket.
There were upsets yesterday in EuroBasket — the European championship going on right now — including Greece knocking off Gasol and Spain. There was Lithuania beating France.
Spain is now 1-2 in this round of group play and while they likely will win enough to advance on — the 12 teams remaining are playing in groups for 8 spots in the more traditional tournament style that is coming up — they need to play better or they will not win. Not that it matters, while the other teams at EuroBasket are playing for slots in the World Championships next summer, Spain is the host and as such they are already in.
Anyway, enjoy the highlights.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 18
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 48
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17