Sep 13, 2013, 11:10 AM EDT
The first lesson here: You may not want to give Marc Gasol a clear path to the basket.
There were upsets yesterday in EuroBasket — the European championship going on right now — including Greece knocking off Gasol and Spain. There was Lithuania beating France.
Spain is now 1-2 in this round of group play and while they likely will win enough to advance on — the 12 teams remaining are playing in groups for 8 spots in the more traditional tournament style that is coming up — they need to play better or they will not win. Not that it matters, while the other teams at EuroBasket are playing for slots in the World Championships next summer, Spain is the host and as such they are already in.
Anyway, enjoy the highlights.
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 0
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 31
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 24
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 31
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61