Sep 13, 2013, 11:47 PM EST
The Phoenix Suns announced the signing of Dionte Christmas on Friday, a 6’5″ guard who performed well for the team during the Las Vegas Summer league.
“We’re excited to add Dionte to our roster,” said Suns General Manager Ryan McDonough, via the team’s official release. “He was a key contributor for our Las Vegas Summer League team and his scoring ability, leadership and toughness will help us this season.”
The excitement isn’t likely to last beyond training camp for everyone under contract, however, considering the fact that the Suns already had 16 players with guaranteed deals in place before their most recent addition.
Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic reports that Christmas received a multi-year deal with a small guarantee for this season, and notes that Christmas was in camp with the Celtics on a similar deal last year when McDonough was still a member of the Boston front office. Any years beyond this one are undoubtedly at the team’s option.
Christmas averaged 10.1 points in 20.8 minutes per game for the Suns’ Summer League squad in Las Vegas. The team’s roster now stands at 17 players.
- PBT Extra: Damian Lillard or Kyrie Irving? Plus coaching hot seat talk. 2
- Report: Celtics may be frontrunners for Asik; would move Bass, Lee, pick 4
- Tyson Chandler returns to Knicks lineup Wednesday night 4
- Beasley out, LeBron game-time decision; Heat not worried about Pacers right now 12
- LaMarcus Aldridge’s MVP-level season looks a lot like last season 11
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (105)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (49)
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns (48)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (47)