Sep 13, 2013, 11:47 PM EST
The Phoenix Suns announced the signing of Dionte Christmas on Friday, a 6’5″ guard who performed well for the team during the Las Vegas Summer league.
“We’re excited to add Dionte to our roster,” said Suns General Manager Ryan McDonough, via the team’s official release. “He was a key contributor for our Las Vegas Summer League team and his scoring ability, leadership and toughness will help us this season.”
The excitement isn’t likely to last beyond training camp for everyone under contract, however, considering the fact that the Suns already had 16 players with guaranteed deals in place before their most recent addition.
Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic reports that Christmas received a multi-year deal with a small guarantee for this season, and notes that Christmas was in camp with the Celtics on a similar deal last year when McDonough was still a member of the Boston front office. Any years beyond this one are undoubtedly at the team’s option.
Christmas averaged 10.1 points in 20.8 minutes per game for the Suns’ Summer League squad in Las Vegas. The team’s roster now stands at 17 players.
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 1
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 17
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 8
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 32
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 31