Sep 13, 2013, 11:47 PM EST
The Phoenix Suns announced the signing of Dionte Christmas on Friday, a 6’5″ guard who performed well for the team during the Las Vegas Summer league.
“We’re excited to add Dionte to our roster,” said Suns General Manager Ryan McDonough, via the team’s official release. “He was a key contributor for our Las Vegas Summer League team and his scoring ability, leadership and toughness will help us this season.”
The excitement isn’t likely to last beyond training camp for everyone under contract, however, considering the fact that the Suns already had 16 players with guaranteed deals in place before their most recent addition.
Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic reports that Christmas received a multi-year deal with a small guarantee for this season, and notes that Christmas was in camp with the Celtics on a similar deal last year when McDonough was still a member of the Boston front office. Any years beyond this one are undoubtedly at the team’s option.
Christmas averaged 10.1 points in 20.8 minutes per game for the Suns’ Summer League squad in Las Vegas. The team’s roster now stands at 17 players.
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 4
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 4
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 14
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 23
- ‘Melo says Knicks players “worried” Woodson could lose job if losing continues 12
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (53)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (39)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (38)
- Jason Kidd fined $50K for intentionally spilling drink on the court to stop play in loss to Lakers (37)