Sep 13, 2013, 5:57 PM EDT
But Nerlens Noel, the center out of Kentucky who will play with the Sixers once he gets healthy (remember the knee injury last season) thinks he can be the exception to the rule.
Noel has agreed to a deal with Reebok, reports SLAM. Reebok is trying to up its NBA presence and is reportedly going to add a few other players to its roster (it already has a handful).
Rookie center Nerlens Noel has tentatively agreed to an endorsement deal with Reebok, according to sources within the company….
“I don’t think I’m just a prototypical big man,” Noel said when reached on the phone at the shoot. “I think I’ll be able to sell shoes.”
Maybe. Noel was talked about as a possible No. 1 pick because of his potential as an athletic, shot blocking big who could run the floor and fit in a more modern offense. However, on draft night he fell all the way to No. 6 where the Hornets drafted him then traded him to the Sixers as part of the Jrue Holiday deal. Philadelphia is a perfect fit — they are rebuilding and don’t mind struggling this season, so Noel can take his time getting back on the court.
When he does, he’ll be wearing Reeboks.
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 11
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 38
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 2
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 22
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 100
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 11
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 78
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27