Sep 13, 2013, 5:57 PM EDT
But Nerlens Noel, the center out of Kentucky who will play with the Sixers once he gets healthy (remember the knee injury last season) thinks he can be the exception to the rule.
Noel has agreed to a deal with Reebok, reports SLAM. Reebok is trying to up its NBA presence and is reportedly going to add a few other players to its roster (it already has a handful).
Rookie center Nerlens Noel has tentatively agreed to an endorsement deal with Reebok, according to sources within the company….
“I don’t think I’m just a prototypical big man,” Noel said when reached on the phone at the shoot. “I think I’ll be able to sell shoes.”
Maybe. Noel was talked about as a possible No. 1 pick because of his potential as an athletic, shot blocking big who could run the floor and fit in a more modern offense. However, on draft night he fell all the way to No. 6 where the Hornets drafted him then traded him to the Sixers as part of the Jrue Holiday deal. Philadelphia is a perfect fit — they are rebuilding and don’t mind struggling this season, so Noel can take his time getting back on the court.
When he does, he’ll be wearing Reeboks.
- Kobe Bryant says elite players like LeBron, himself are underpaid. He’s right. 21
- It’s done: Kevin Love traded to Cavaliers, Andrew Wiggins headed to Minnesota in three-team deal 35
- Steve Nash called Kobe Bryant a “mother f****** a******” but in a good way 8
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 30
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 80
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16