Sep 13, 2013, 5:57 PM EDT
But Nerlens Noel, the center out of Kentucky who will play with the Sixers once he gets healthy (remember the knee injury last season) thinks he can be the exception to the rule.
Noel has agreed to a deal with Reebok, reports SLAM. Reebok is trying to up its NBA presence and is reportedly going to add a few other players to its roster (it already has a handful).
Rookie center Nerlens Noel has tentatively agreed to an endorsement deal with Reebok, according to sources within the company….
“I don’t think I’m just a prototypical big man,” Noel said when reached on the phone at the shoot. “I think I’ll be able to sell shoes.”
Maybe. Noel was talked about as a possible No. 1 pick because of his potential as an athletic, shot blocking big who could run the floor and fit in a more modern offense. However, on draft night he fell all the way to No. 6 where the Hornets drafted him then traded him to the Sixers as part of the Jrue Holiday deal. Philadelphia is a perfect fit — they are rebuilding and don’t mind struggling this season, so Noel can take his time getting back on the court.
When he does, he’ll be wearing Reeboks.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 26
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 35
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25