Sep 13, 2013, 10:14 AM EST
DeQuan Jones played in 63 games with the Orlando Magic last season and was a regular part of the rotation, but with Victor Oladipo coming in Jones was out. Since then he hasn’t been able to find a landing spot.
He’s going to go training camp with the Sacramento Kings on a non-guaranteed deal, reports Mark Deeks.
Jones is a 6’8” athletic swingman who doesn’t really put up great numbers or play that efficiently. There are no roster spots with the Kings, so ultimately Jones is going to have to choose between playing overseas or the D-League.
The Kings have a D-League affiliate in Reno, if he goes there he could get a chance with the Kings later in the season when eventually injuries force adjustments (as they do with pretty much every team).
- What rust? Russell Westbrook returns, puts up 32 points in 24 minutes (VIDEO) 2
- NBA denies Kings’ protest 3
- Russell Westbrook returns to court tonight for Thunder vs. Knicks 9
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 11
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 8