Sep 13, 2013, 10:14 AM EST
DeQuan Jones played in 63 games with the Orlando Magic last season and was a regular part of the rotation, but with Victor Oladipo coming in Jones was out. Since then he hasn’t been able to find a landing spot.
He’s going to go training camp with the Sacramento Kings on a non-guaranteed deal, reports Mark Deeks.
Jones is a 6’8” athletic swingman who doesn’t really put up great numbers or play that efficiently. There are no roster spots with the Kings, so ultimately Jones is going to have to choose between playing overseas or the D-League.
The Kings have a D-League affiliate in Reno, if he goes there he could get a chance with the Kings later in the season when eventually injuries force adjustments (as they do with pretty much every team).
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 24
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 12
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 6
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 22
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 17
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (48)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (44)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)