Sep 13, 2013, 10:14 AM EDT
DeQuan Jones played in 63 games with the Orlando Magic last season and was a regular part of the rotation, but with Victor Oladipo coming in Jones was out. Since then he hasn’t been able to find a landing spot.
He’s going to go training camp with the Sacramento Kings on a non-guaranteed deal, reports Mark Deeks.
Jones is a 6’8” athletic swingman who doesn’t really put up great numbers or play that efficiently. There are no roster spots with the Kings, so ultimately Jones is going to have to choose between playing overseas or the D-League.
The Kings have a D-League affiliate in Reno, if he goes there he could get a chance with the Kings later in the season when eventually injuries force adjustments (as they do with pretty much every team).
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 0
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 3
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 6
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 15
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 7
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 30
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31