Sep 13, 2013, 10:14 AM EST
DeQuan Jones played in 63 games with the Orlando Magic last season and was a regular part of the rotation, but with Victor Oladipo coming in Jones was out. Since then he hasn’t been able to find a landing spot.
He’s going to go training camp with the Sacramento Kings on a non-guaranteed deal, reports Mark Deeks.
Jones is a 6’8” athletic swingman who doesn’t really put up great numbers or play that efficiently. There are no roster spots with the Kings, so ultimately Jones is going to have to choose between playing overseas or the D-League.
The Kings have a D-League affiliate in Reno, if he goes there he could get a chance with the Kings later in the season when eventually injuries force adjustments (as they do with pretty much every team).
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 4
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 5
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9