Sep 13, 2013, 4:17 PM EST
The Boston Celtics are Rajon Rondo’s team now.
Well, unless they trade him, but heading into camp this is unquestionably Rondo’s team. However, if he’s not back at the start of the season (we have no timeline) then others may have to step up. There are respected veterans in that locker room such as Brandon Bass, Gerald Wallace, Jeff Green and….
Well, he thinks his teammates expect him to be.
It’s going to be an interesting season in Boston because they are rebuilding now and there is nobody on that roster safe from being traded. You can bet Danny Ainge is going to try and dangle the expiring contract of Kris Humphries out there, and if he can find a taker for Bass or Wallace or Courtney Lee they will be gone as well.
Maybe by the end Crawford will be the stabilizing influence. I’m not sure I’d bet on that, but it’s going to be an unpredictable season in Boston.
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 2
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 1
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 16
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 2
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 4
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)