Sep 13, 2013, 4:17 PM EDT
The Boston Celtics are Rajon Rondo’s team now.
Well, unless they trade him, but heading into camp this is unquestionably Rondo’s team. However, if he’s not back at the start of the season (we have no timeline) then others may have to step up. There are respected veterans in that locker room such as Brandon Bass, Gerald Wallace, Jeff Green and….
Well, he thinks his teammates expect him to be.
It’s going to be an interesting season in Boston because they are rebuilding now and there is nobody on that roster safe from being traded. You can bet Danny Ainge is going to try and dangle the expiring contract of Kris Humphries out there, and if he can find a taker for Bass or Wallace or Courtney Lee they will be gone as well.
Maybe by the end Crawford will be the stabilizing influence. I’m not sure I’d bet on that, but it’s going to be an unpredictable season in Boston.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 2
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 2
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 3
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 10
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15