Sep 13, 2013, 4:17 PM EDT
The Boston Celtics are Rajon Rondo’s team now.
Well, unless they trade him, but heading into camp this is unquestionably Rondo’s team. However, if he’s not back at the start of the season (we have no timeline) then others may have to step up. There are respected veterans in that locker room such as Brandon Bass, Gerald Wallace, Jeff Green and….
Well, he thinks his teammates expect him to be.
It’s going to be an interesting season in Boston because they are rebuilding now and there is nobody on that roster safe from being traded. You can bet Danny Ainge is going to try and dangle the expiring contract of Kris Humphries out there, and if he can find a taker for Bass or Wallace or Courtney Lee they will be gone as well.
Maybe by the end Crawford will be the stabilizing influence. I’m not sure I’d bet on that, but it’s going to be an unpredictable season in Boston.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 29
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 31
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18