Sep 13, 2013, 4:17 PM EDT
The Boston Celtics are Rajon Rondo’s team now.
Well, unless they trade him, but heading into camp this is unquestionably Rondo’s team. However, if he’s not back at the start of the season (we have no timeline) then others may have to step up. There are respected veterans in that locker room such as Brandon Bass, Gerald Wallace, Jeff Green and….
Well, he thinks his teammates expect him to be.
It’s going to be an interesting season in Boston because they are rebuilding now and there is nobody on that roster safe from being traded. You can bet Danny Ainge is going to try and dangle the expiring contract of Kris Humphries out there, and if he can find a taker for Bass or Wallace or Courtney Lee they will be gone as well.
Maybe by the end Crawford will be the stabilizing influence. I’m not sure I’d bet on that, but it’s going to be an unpredictable season in Boston.
- It’s done: Kevin Love traded to Cavaliers, Andrew Wiggins headed to Minnesota in three-team deal 2
- Steve Nash called Kobe Bryant a “mother f****** a******” but in a good way 5
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 28
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 80
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54