Apparently fans confuse Blake Griffin, Kris Humphries all the time

Sep 13, 2013, 2:43 PM EDT

source: Getty Images

source: Getty Images

Look at those images. Do Blake Griffin and Kris Humphries look alike to you?

They have roughly the same build, Griffin is an inch taller and has 15 pounds or so on Humphries, but to the average person they are both just very tall, big men.

They also are both recognizable in popular culture — Griffin for his basketball skills and with that a plethora of endorsement deals, Humphries for his short-lived marriage to Kim Kardashian.

And fans confuse the two all the time. Apparently. Both Humphries (with Boston this season) and Griffin were working out at the Clippers facility this summer and Humphries told Griffin about a woman coming up to him and mistaking him for Griffin. Jared Zwerling tells the story for ESPNBoston.com.

“I came in the gym and I was like, ‘Blake, someone thought I was you,’ ” Humphries told ESPN.com. “And he’s like, ‘Yeah, yeah, the same thing happens to me all the time.’ It’s just funny because sometimes someone will come up to me and be like, ‘Blake, blah blah blah.’ And I’m like, ‘I’m not him.’ And they think I’m being a d— because of it. I feel bad. I’m like, ‘I hope this person doesn’t think it was actually Blake and I’m not trying to talk to him.’ But I don’t think we look alike at all. I mean, we’re about the same size, the same build.”

I don’t get it, they don’t look alike to me, but then again I’m not a casual fan.

Humphries should use this to get a few endorsement deals, however. Who’s going to know?

1. bucrightoff - Sep 13, 2013 at 3:14 PM

For his sake I hope no Kardashians confuse him for Kris.

2. cfutch - Sep 13, 2013 at 3:28 PM

I guess all black people look alike

3. thenew013 - Sep 13, 2013 at 3:33 PM

There is no way. The people that mistake them must not watch basketball.

4. 00maltliquor - Sep 13, 2013 at 3:53 PM

I don’t see the simalrity.

But Dallas’ Devin Harris looks like Ludacris’ long lost twin brother though.

5. midnite2020 - Sep 13, 2013 at 4:54 PM

haahaaahaaaahaaaa im dying kris couldnt be Blake’s Secretary now they look alike to funny

6. chrisppers - Sep 13, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Kris can be Blake’s stunt double

7. frank35sox - Sep 13, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Hahhaha people think Humphries is a ginger!

8. eugenesaxe1 - Sep 13, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Blake’s smart enough to avoid the Kardashians, but brains aren’t looks I guess.

9. luz56 - Sep 13, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Not a flattering photo of Griffen… Looks Neanderthal

10. cameltoehoe - Sep 13, 2013 at 10:05 PM

They’re both dumb as rocks.

11. losanginsight - Sep 14, 2013 at 2:08 AM

I’ve seen Blake’s parents but not sure who created Humphries.

12. scottieplongballs - Sep 14, 2013 at 6:49 AM

Lets hope the rumor of Kris’ herpies doesnt spread to Blakes fans.

13. ndnut - Sep 14, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Their faces are close enough that you could mistake them from a distance.

14. gmsingh123 - Sep 14, 2013 at 9:39 AM

I doubt they confuse the two of them when they have the ball in their hands.

Warriors vs. Clippers playoff preview