Sep 13, 2013, 2:43 PM EST
They have roughly the same build, Griffin is an inch taller and has 15 pounds or so on Humphries, but to the average person they are both just very tall, big men.
They also are both recognizable in popular culture — Griffin for his basketball skills and with that a plethora of endorsement deals, Humphries for his short-lived marriage to Kim Kardashian.
And fans confuse the two all the time. Apparently. Both Humphries (with Boston this season) and Griffin were working out at the Clippers facility this summer and Humphries told Griffin about a woman coming up to him and mistaking him for Griffin. Jared Zwerling tells the story for ESPNBoston.com.
“I came in the gym and I was like, ‘Blake, someone thought I was you,’ ” Humphries told ESPN.com. “And he’s like, ‘Yeah, yeah, the same thing happens to me all the time.’ It’s just funny because sometimes someone will come up to me and be like, ‘Blake, blah blah blah.’ And I’m like, ‘I’m not him.’ And they think I’m being a d— because of it. I feel bad. I’m like, ‘I hope this person doesn’t think it was actually Blake and I’m not trying to talk to him.’ But I don’t think we look alike at all. I mean, we’re about the same size, the same build.”
I don’t get it, they don’t look alike to me, but then again I’m not a casual fan.
Humphries should use this to get a few endorsement deals, however. Who’s going to know?
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 0
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 2
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 21
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 34