Sep 12, 2013, 8:01 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points more than the kids on “How I Met Your Mother” want that story to end….
• One of the standard mantras around the league is that you can’t be good at offensive rebounding and transition defense. Statistics say that is not true, and if you want more tangible evidence check out the Indiana Pacers.
• Harlan Schreiber’s transaction breakdowns at Hoopsanalyst are always a very good read.
• Dallas has invited former Cavaliers swingman D.J. Kennedy as well as Mickey McConnell to training camp.
• Washington hired Marc Eversley (formerly of Toronto) as Vice-President of Scouting.
• Remember earlier this summer former NBA player Craig Ehlo was charged in a domestic dispute where as part of it he burned some clothes. He has entered a guilty plea to a one count of Second Degree Reckless Burning.
• Let’s end with the top 10 plays of the Thunder from last season, just for fun.
Jul 7, 2015, 12:17 AM EDT
Bonner claims a Spurs strength-and-conditioning coach supports the theory
Jul 6, 2015, 11:04 PM EDT
This rookie knows how to finish at the rim.
Jul 6, 2015, 10:04 PM EDT
Cleveland fills its biggest need with its second-best roster-building mechanism
Jul 6, 2015, 9:15 PM EDT
Peter Feigin makes another threat
Jul 6, 2015, 8:15 PM EDT
Guard will make $2.5 million
Jul 6, 2015, 7:38 PM EDT
In Utah, he counts as a veteran
Jul 6, 2015, 6:44 PM EDT
This is a solid signing, but the Mavs need more help at the guard spot.
Jul 6, 2015, 6:01 PM EDT
This trade could work for both teams if the Clippers can flip Haywood’s contract again for a big man.
Jul 6, 2015, 5:01 PM EDT
West left $10.6 million on the table to go to a contender.
Jul 6, 2015, 4:36 PM EDT
This signing was never in doubt.
Jul 6, 2015, 4:12 PM EDT
Signing Terry would go over well with the fan base in Dallas
Jul 6, 2015, 3:25 PM EDT
Skilled forward was No. 35 pick in 2010 NBA draft
Jul 6, 2015, 2:40 PM EDT
Can the Spurs keep Patty Mills and Boris Diaw, too? Ginobili must still negotiate a contract
Jul 6, 2015, 2:15 PM EDT
Lakers are surprisingly high at 50/1
Jul 6, 2015, 1:36 PM EDT
Nobody wants Anderson Varejao and his contract
Jul 6, 2015, 12:49 PM EDT
As a result, Clippers suffer
Jul 6, 2015, 12:08 PM EDT
Cavaliers forward, a basketball and nothing else
Jul 6, 2015, 11:30 AM EDT
Michael Malone lands a good lieutenant
Jul 6, 2015, 10:42 AM EDT
Former NBA point guard also loves Cory Joseph signing with Raptors
Jul 6, 2015, 10:03 AM EDT
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 9
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 25
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 68
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 8
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36