Sep 12, 2013, 8:01 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points more than the kids on “How I Met Your Mother” want that story to end….
• One of the standard mantras around the league is that you can’t be good at offensive rebounding and transition defense. Statistics say that is not true, and if you want more tangible evidence check out the Indiana Pacers.
• Harlan Schreiber’s transaction breakdowns at Hoopsanalyst are always a very good read.
• Dallas has invited former Cavaliers swingman D.J. Kennedy as well as Mickey McConnell to training camp.
• Washington hired Marc Eversley (formerly of Toronto) as Vice-President of Scouting.
• Remember earlier this summer former NBA player Craig Ehlo was charged in a domestic dispute where as part of it he burned some clothes. He has entered a guilty plea to a one count of Second Degree Reckless Burning.
• Let’s end with the top 10 plays of the Thunder from last season, just for fun.
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 18
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 45
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 24
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 20
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 12
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 23