Sep 12, 2013, 8:01 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points more than the kids on “How I Met Your Mother” want that story to end….
• One of the standard mantras around the league is that you can’t be good at offensive rebounding and transition defense. Statistics say that is not true, and if you want more tangible evidence check out the Indiana Pacers.
• Harlan Schreiber’s transaction breakdowns at Hoopsanalyst are always a very good read.
• Dallas has invited former Cavaliers swingman D.J. Kennedy as well as Mickey McConnell to training camp.
• Washington hired Marc Eversley (formerly of Toronto) as Vice-President of Scouting.
• Remember earlier this summer former NBA player Craig Ehlo was charged in a domestic dispute where as part of it he burned some clothes. He has entered a guilty plea to a one count of Second Degree Reckless Burning.
• Let’s end with the top 10 plays of the Thunder from last season, just for fun.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 0
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43