Sep 12, 2013, 2:54 PM EDT
Good news for the Suns, they will have rookie center Alex Len ready to go by training camp.
That’s according to Alex Len himself, who tweeted this:
Len is a rookie out of Maryland who has a lot of potential and an air of mystery. The mystery is simply because of how he was used (or not used) at Maryland — the guards struggled to get him the ball on the block, there was no spacing and the entire offense was a bit of a mess. It was hard to judge just what Len could do. Then he had surgeries that kept him out of the Draft Combine, team workouts and eventually Summer League (surgery on both ankles).
Big men with potential move up the draft board, and Len did that. The question of how good he can be is still out there.
If he shows real potential it makes it even more likely Marcin Gortat gets moved come the trading deadline (that’s a real possibility anyway).
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 11
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 34
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 11