Sep 12, 2013, 2:54 PM EDT
Good news for the Suns, they will have rookie center Alex Len ready to go by training camp.
That’s according to Alex Len himself, who tweeted this:
Len is a rookie out of Maryland who has a lot of potential and an air of mystery. The mystery is simply because of how he was used (or not used) at Maryland — the guards struggled to get him the ball on the block, there was no spacing and the entire offense was a bit of a mess. It was hard to judge just what Len could do. Then he had surgeries that kept him out of the Draft Combine, team workouts and eventually Summer League (surgery on both ankles).
Big men with potential move up the draft board, and Len did that. The question of how good he can be is still out there.
If he shows real potential it makes it even more likely Marcin Gortat gets moved come the trading deadline (that’s a real possibility anyway).
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 0
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 10
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 12
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 6
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 47
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7