Sep 12, 2013, 2:54 PM EST
Good news for the Suns, they will have rookie center Alex Len ready to go by training camp.
That’s according to Alex Len himself, who tweeted this:
Len is a rookie out of Maryland who has a lot of potential and an air of mystery. The mystery is simply because of how he was used (or not used) at Maryland — the guards struggled to get him the ball on the block, there was no spacing and the entire offense was a bit of a mess. It was hard to judge just what Len could do. Then he had surgeries that kept him out of the Draft Combine, team workouts and eventually Summer League (surgery on both ankles).
Big men with potential move up the draft board, and Len did that. The question of how good he can be is still out there.
If he shows real potential it makes it even more likely Marcin Gortat gets moved come the trading deadline (that’s a real possibility anyway).
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 1
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 8
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 12
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 16