Sep 12, 2013, 10:17 AM EDT
“I could play, I’m better than Luke Walton!”
—Former NFL wide receiver Terrell Owens, appearing on ESPN’s Sports Nation.
Should we tell Owens that Luke Walton isn’t in the NBA right now? He doesn’t even have a training camp invite this season, his 10-year NBA career could be done.
Or to put it in SAT form: Luke Walton is to the NBA as Terrell Owens is to the NFL right now.
I could get into the whole “even the worst NBA player is so much better than you think” discussion, but I’m just not up for it. Go find the YouTube of Brian Scalabrine taking on random people.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 54
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 17
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31