Sep 12, 2013, 10:17 AM EDT
“I could play, I’m better than Luke Walton!”
—Former NFL wide receiver Terrell Owens, appearing on ESPN’s Sports Nation.
Should we tell Owens that Luke Walton isn’t in the NBA right now? He doesn’t even have a training camp invite this season, his 10-year NBA career could be done.
Or to put it in SAT form: Luke Walton is to the NBA as Terrell Owens is to the NFL right now.
I could get into the whole “even the worst NBA player is so much better than you think” discussion, but I’m just not up for it. Go find the YouTube of Brian Scalabrine taking on random people.
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 29
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 22
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 42
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 5