Sep 12, 2013, 10:17 AM EST
“I could play, I’m better than Luke Walton!”
—Former NFL wide receiver Terrell Owens, appearing on ESPN’s Sports Nation.
Should we tell Owens that Luke Walton isn’t in the NBA right now? He doesn’t even have a training camp invite this season, his 10-year NBA career could be done.
Or to put it in SAT form: Luke Walton is to the NBA as Terrell Owens is to the NFL right now.
I could get into the whole “even the worst NBA player is so much better than you think” discussion, but I’m just not up for it. Go find the YouTube of Brian Scalabrine taking on random people.
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 1
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 1
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 15
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 2
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 4
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)