Sep 12, 2013, 10:17 AM EDT
“I could play, I’m better than Luke Walton!”
—Former NFL wide receiver Terrell Owens, appearing on ESPN’s Sports Nation.
Should we tell Owens that Luke Walton isn’t in the NBA right now? He doesn’t even have a training camp invite this season, his 10-year NBA career could be done.
Or to put it in SAT form: Luke Walton is to the NBA as Terrell Owens is to the NFL right now.
I could get into the whole “even the worst NBA player is so much better than you think” discussion, but I’m just not up for it. Go find the YouTube of Brian Scalabrine taking on random people.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 10
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 7
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 10
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 7
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 42
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4