Sep 12, 2013, 10:41 PM EST
Damien Wilkins has played nine NBA seasons, and just finished his best statistical year in his past five with the Sixers last year.
Wilkins is looking for a home for next season, however, and has had received interest from at least two teams recently.
Free agent Damien Wilkins has been working out for his former team – the Hawks – in Atlanta and worked out for the San Antonio Spurs last week, sources told RealGM.
Wilkins has exhibited impressive moments in the workouts, and the Hawks have shown interest in free agents who can complete their depth at the wing. No deal is imminent for Wilkins, a source said.
The Hawks would seem to be a better match than the Spurs, just given the makeup of each respective team’s roster. Players like Wilkins with experience but limited skill sets can be of value at the end of a contending team’s bench, or as a mentor to younger players in a rebuilding situation.
The 6’6″ Wilkins averaged 6.4 points on 45.9 percent shooting in 61 appearances for the Sixers last season.
- PBT Extra: Damian Lillard or Kyrie Irving? Plus coaching hot seat talk. 2
- Report: Celtics may be frontrunners for Asik; would move Bass, Lee, pick 4
- Tyson Chandler returns to Knicks lineup Wednesday night 4
- Beasley out, LeBron game-time decision; Heat not worried about Pacers right now 12
- LaMarcus Aldridge’s MVP-level season looks a lot like last season 11
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (105)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (49)
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns (48)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (47)