Sep 12, 2013, 10:41 PM EST
Damien Wilkins has played nine NBA seasons, and just finished his best statistical year in his past five with the Sixers last year.
Wilkins is looking for a home for next season, however, and has had received interest from at least two teams recently.
Free agent Damien Wilkins has been working out for his former team – the Hawks – in Atlanta and worked out for the San Antonio Spurs last week, sources told RealGM.
Wilkins has exhibited impressive moments in the workouts, and the Hawks have shown interest in free agents who can complete their depth at the wing. No deal is imminent for Wilkins, a source said.
The Hawks would seem to be a better match than the Spurs, just given the makeup of each respective team’s roster. Players like Wilkins with experience but limited skill sets can be of value at the end of a contending team’s bench, or as a mentor to younger players in a rebuilding situation.
The 6’6″ Wilkins averaged 6.4 points on 45.9 percent shooting in 61 appearances for the Sixers last season.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 8
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 11
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 32
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10