Sep 12, 2013, 10:41 PM EST
Damien Wilkins has played nine NBA seasons, and just finished his best statistical year in his past five with the Sixers last year.
Wilkins is looking for a home for next season, however, and has had received interest from at least two teams recently.
Free agent Damien Wilkins has been working out for his former team – the Hawks – in Atlanta and worked out for the San Antonio Spurs last week, sources told RealGM.
Wilkins has exhibited impressive moments in the workouts, and the Hawks have shown interest in free agents who can complete their depth at the wing. No deal is imminent for Wilkins, a source said.
The Hawks would seem to be a better match than the Spurs, just given the makeup of each respective team’s roster. Players like Wilkins with experience but limited skill sets can be of value at the end of a contending team’s bench, or as a mentor to younger players in a rebuilding situation.
The 6’6″ Wilkins averaged 6.4 points on 45.9 percent shooting in 61 appearances for the Sixers last season.
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 0
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 6
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 16
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30