Sep 12, 2013, 10:01 AM EDT
Back during the 2005 NBA Finals, while the San Antonio Spurs were beating the Detroit Pistons in 7 games, this Toyota commercial was running.
It featured Phil Jackson appearing as a psuedo-Zen sounding apparition admonishing Heat fans who left the game early and missed a great comeback.
Fast forward to Game 6 of the 2013 NBA finals, when some Heat fans bolted early (the Heat were down 5 with less than a minute to go) and were outside the building when Ray Allen hit a dramatic three to tie the game, sending it to an overtime the Heat eventually won.
It’s almost eerie. Almost.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 14
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 40
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19