Sep 12, 2013, 10:01 AM EDT
Back during the 2005 NBA Finals, while the San Antonio Spurs were beating the Detroit Pistons in 7 games, this Toyota commercial was running.
It featured Phil Jackson appearing as a psuedo-Zen sounding apparition admonishing Heat fans who left the game early and missed a great comeback.
Fast forward to Game 6 of the 2013 NBA finals, when some Heat fans bolted early (the Heat were down 5 with less than a minute to go) and were outside the building when Ray Allen hit a dramatic three to tie the game, sending it to an overtime the Heat eventually won.
It’s almost eerie. Almost.
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 0
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 1
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 28
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 56
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 58
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 18
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 16
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40