Sep 12, 2013, 10:01 AM EST
Back during the 2005 NBA Finals, while the San Antonio Spurs were beating the Detroit Pistons in 7 games, this Toyota commercial was running.
It featured Phil Jackson appearing as a psuedo-Zen sounding apparition admonishing Heat fans who left the game early and missed a great comeback.
Fast forward to Game 6 of the 2013 NBA finals, when some Heat fans bolted early (the Heat were down 5 with less than a minute to go) and were outside the building when Ray Allen hit a dramatic three to tie the game, sending it to an overtime the Heat eventually won.
It’s almost eerie. Almost.
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 8
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 9
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 5
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 31