Sep 12, 2013, 10:01 AM EST
Back during the 2005 NBA Finals, while the San Antonio Spurs were beating the Detroit Pistons in 7 games, this Toyota commercial was running.
It featured Phil Jackson appearing as a psuedo-Zen sounding apparition admonishing Heat fans who left the game early and missed a great comeback.
Fast forward to Game 6 of the 2013 NBA finals, when some Heat fans bolted early (the Heat were down 5 with less than a minute to go) and were outside the building when Ray Allen hit a dramatic three to tie the game, sending it to an overtime the Heat eventually won.
It’s almost eerie. Almost.
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 0
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 18
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 36
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5
- Thursday night NBA grades: Gerald Green just couldn’t seem to miss 7