Sep 12, 2013, 10:01 AM EDT
Back during the 2005 NBA Finals, while the San Antonio Spurs were beating the Detroit Pistons in 7 games, this Toyota commercial was running.
It featured Phil Jackson appearing as a psuedo-Zen sounding apparition admonishing Heat fans who left the game early and missed a great comeback.
Fast forward to Game 6 of the 2013 NBA finals, when some Heat fans bolted early (the Heat were down 5 with less than a minute to go) and were outside the building when Ray Allen hit a dramatic three to tie the game, sending it to an overtime the Heat eventually won.
It’s almost eerie. Almost.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 30
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 45
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4