Sep 11, 2013, 7:03 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points more than you love stumbling on a showing of “Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy” on cable….
• As we told you would happen, the Mavericks made it official and signed Fab Melo to a training camp contract. Same with D.J. Kennedy and Richard McConnell. The Mavericks have no open roster spots, so don’t bet on seeing any of them when the season starts, at least with Dallas.
• Speaking of training camp invites, the Pacers have signed Ron Howard and Darnell Jackson in that role.
• Stephen Jackson and Steve Francis got into a fight and had to be separated at a club. Follow this link to the video (I can’t run it, this is wildly NSFW), then skip ahead to the 25:30 mark or so to see all the fun.
• The Lakers made a mistake today, sending out a tweet meant to be a “never forget” 9/11 thought but instead the picture of Kobe Bryant — in the games after terrorist attacks when players wore a special patch on their uniform — came off as about them, not the day or thought. The Lakers pulled it and owned up to it.
• Personally, I thought the Suns tweet was worse (the gorilla mascot waving a flag), they wisely pulled theirs as well.
• Who is the best shooter in NBA history from beyond 27 feet? Stephen Curry. Not that he should start taking them.
• The Nuggets’ television broadcaster Chris Marlowe (who has a gold medal as an Olympic volleyball player, by the way) says JaVale McGee could play 35 minutes a night this season. One way or another, that will be good for all of us.
• Kevin Durant in Paris.
• Finally, this Guinness wheelchair basketball ad is just brilliant.
- Report: JaVale McGee close to signing with Celtics 1
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 9
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 11
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18