Sep 11, 2013, 7:03 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points more than you love stumbling on a showing of “Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy” on cable….
• As we told you would happen, the Mavericks made it official and signed Fab Melo to a training camp contract. Same with D.J. Kennedy and Richard McConnell. The Mavericks have no open roster spots, so don’t bet on seeing any of them when the season starts, at least with Dallas.
• Speaking of training camp invites, the Pacers have signed Ron Howard and Darnell Jackson in that role.
• Stephen Jackson and Steve Francis got into a fight and had to be separated at a club. Follow this link to the video (I can’t run it, this is wildly NSFW), then skip ahead to the 25:30 mark or so to see all the fun.
• The Lakers made a mistake today, sending out a tweet meant to be a “never forget” 9/11 thought but instead the picture of Kobe Bryant — in the games after terrorist attacks when players wore a special patch on their uniform — came off as about them, not the day or thought. The Lakers pulled it and owned up to it.
• Personally, I thought the Suns tweet was worse (the gorilla mascot waving a flag), they wisely pulled theirs as well.
• Who is the best shooter in NBA history from beyond 27 feet? Stephen Curry. Not that he should start taking them.
• The Nuggets’ television broadcaster Chris Marlowe (who has a gold medal as an Olympic volleyball player, by the way) says JaVale McGee could play 35 minutes a night this season. One way or another, that will be good for all of us.
• Kevin Durant in Paris.
• Finally, this Guinness wheelchair basketball ad is just brilliant.
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 0
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 1
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 24
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 26
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (56)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)