Sep 11, 2013, 10:55 AM EDT
“Maybe the Rucker Park Championship. I don’t know, not the NBA championship. I don’t see how they could guarantee that, at all. I’m not buying it.”
—Jason Terry of the Brooklyn Nets, talking to Dime Magazine about J.R. Smith‘s boast the New York Knicks will win the NBA championship this season.
There’s been a fair amount of talk going back and forth between the Nets and Knicks this season, and the Nets certainly would like to make this a rivalry. I’m not sure the Knicks see it that way, I know their fans don’t — they know New York is a Knicks town.
Rivalries are really forged in the heat of the playoffs. Man, I would really love for the Knicks and Nets to meet in the first round (or later) this season.
- Klay Thompson says he expects to play next season with Warriors, not be traded 0
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 24
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 55
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 58
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 18
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 16
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40
- Kevin Love leaving Team USA not helpful, certainly not devastating either 19