Sep 11, 2013, 10:55 AM EST
“Maybe the Rucker Park Championship. I don’t know, not the NBA championship. I don’t see how they could guarantee that, at all. I’m not buying it.”
—Jason Terry of the Brooklyn Nets, talking to Dime Magazine about J.R. Smith‘s boast the New York Knicks will win the NBA championship this season.
There’s been a fair amount of talk going back and forth between the Nets and Knicks this season, and the Nets certainly would like to make this a rivalry. I’m not sure the Knicks see it that way, I know their fans don’t — they know New York is a Knicks town.
Rivalries are really forged in the heat of the playoffs. Man, I would really love for the Knicks and Nets to meet in the first round (or later) this season.
- Wednesday night NBA grades: Amar’e Stoudemire played well? Yes. Yes he did. 2
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 2
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 10
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 13
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9