Sep 11, 2013, 10:55 AM EST
“Maybe the Rucker Park Championship. I don’t know, not the NBA championship. I don’t see how they could guarantee that, at all. I’m not buying it.”
—Jason Terry of the Brooklyn Nets, talking to Dime Magazine about J.R. Smith‘s boast the New York Knicks will win the NBA championship this season.
There’s been a fair amount of talk going back and forth between the Nets and Knicks this season, and the Nets certainly would like to make this a rivalry. I’m not sure the Knicks see it that way, I know their fans don’t — they know New York is a Knicks town.
Rivalries are really forged in the heat of the playoffs. Man, I would really love for the Knicks and Nets to meet in the first round (or later) this season.
- Pistons release Josh Smith. WHAT? 32
- Lakers may give Kobe Bryant some nights off to rest. If he wants them. 24
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 11
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 20
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 14
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10