Sep 11, 2013, 10:55 AM EDT
“Maybe the Rucker Park Championship. I don’t know, not the NBA championship. I don’t see how they could guarantee that, at all. I’m not buying it.”
—Jason Terry of the Brooklyn Nets, talking to Dime Magazine about J.R. Smith‘s boast the New York Knicks will win the NBA championship this season.
There’s been a fair amount of talk going back and forth between the Nets and Knicks this season, and the Nets certainly would like to make this a rivalry. I’m not sure the Knicks see it that way, I know their fans don’t — they know New York is a Knicks town.
Rivalries are really forged in the heat of the playoffs. Man, I would really love for the Knicks and Nets to meet in the first round (or later) this season.
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 0
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 11
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 10
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 31
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 25