Sep 11, 2013, 10:55 AM EDT
“Maybe the Rucker Park Championship. I don’t know, not the NBA championship. I don’t see how they could guarantee that, at all. I’m not buying it.”
—Jason Terry of the Brooklyn Nets, talking to Dime Magazine about J.R. Smith‘s boast the New York Knicks will win the NBA championship this season.
There’s been a fair amount of talk going back and forth between the Nets and Knicks this season, and the Nets certainly would like to make this a rivalry. I’m not sure the Knicks see it that way, I know their fans don’t — they know New York is a Knicks town.
Rivalries are really forged in the heat of the playoffs. Man, I would really love for the Knicks and Nets to meet in the first round (or later) this season.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 83
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20