Sep 11, 2013, 10:55 AM EDT
“Maybe the Rucker Park Championship. I don’t know, not the NBA championship. I don’t see how they could guarantee that, at all. I’m not buying it.”
—Jason Terry of the Brooklyn Nets, talking to Dime Magazine about J.R. Smith‘s boast the New York Knicks will win the NBA championship this season.
There’s been a fair amount of talk going back and forth between the Nets and Knicks this season, and the Nets certainly would like to make this a rivalry. I’m not sure the Knicks see it that way, I know their fans don’t — they know New York is a Knicks town.
Rivalries are really forged in the heat of the playoffs. Man, I would really love for the Knicks and Nets to meet in the first round (or later) this season.
- Josh McRoberts fined $20,000 for forearm foul to LeBron’s throat 19
- Oscar Robertson says if he were Carmelo Anthony “I would leave today” 39
- Larry Bird, through Pacers general manager, says Frank Vogel’s job is safe 7
- Can LaMarcus Aldridge break the all-time single-playoff scoring record? 24
- Thursday NBA playoff previews: Which Indiana team shows up? 11