Sep 11, 2013, 10:55 AM EDT
“Maybe the Rucker Park Championship. I don’t know, not the NBA championship. I don’t see how they could guarantee that, at all. I’m not buying it.”
—Jason Terry of the Brooklyn Nets, talking to Dime Magazine about J.R. Smith‘s boast the New York Knicks will win the NBA championship this season.
There’s been a fair amount of talk going back and forth between the Nets and Knicks this season, and the Nets certainly would like to make this a rivalry. I’m not sure the Knicks see it that way, I know their fans don’t — they know New York is a Knicks town.
Rivalries are really forged in the heat of the playoffs. Man, I would really love for the Knicks and Nets to meet in the first round (or later) this season.
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 5
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 21
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 40
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 46
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 37