Sep 11, 2013, 1:25 PM EDT
Today’s NBA players, just like you and me, will never forget Sept. 11, 2001.
It was at once one of the most tragic and most heroic moments of our nation’s history, and I mostly remember it as an all to brief time when the people of this nation put aside the petty differences of race or political party to rally to each other’s aid. To stand as one.
NBA players have taken to twitter to commemorate the anniversary of the terrorist attacks in New York, Washington D.C. and a field in Pennsylvania. Here are just some of the highlights.
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 8
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 7
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 16
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15