Sep 11, 2013, 1:25 PM EDT
Today’s NBA players, just like you and me, will never forget Sept. 11, 2001.
It was at once one of the most tragic and most heroic moments of our nation’s history, and I mostly remember it as an all to brief time when the people of this nation put aside the petty differences of race or political party to rally to each other’s aid. To stand as one.
NBA players have taken to twitter to commemorate the anniversary of the terrorist attacks in New York, Washington D.C. and a field in Pennsylvania. Here are just some of the highlights.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50