Sep 11, 2013, 1:25 PM EST
Today’s NBA players, just like you and me, will never forget Sept. 11, 2001.
It was at once one of the most tragic and most heroic moments of our nation’s history, and I mostly remember it as an all to brief time when the people of this nation put aside the petty differences of race or political party to rally to each other’s aid. To stand as one.
NBA players have taken to twitter to commemorate the anniversary of the terrorist attacks in New York, Washington D.C. and a field in Pennsylvania. Here are just some of the highlights.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 7
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 13
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 30