Sep 11, 2013, 1:25 PM EDT
Today’s NBA players, just like you and me, will never forget Sept. 11, 2001.
It was at once one of the most tragic and most heroic moments of our nation’s history, and I mostly remember it as an all to brief time when the people of this nation put aside the petty differences of race or political party to rally to each other’s aid. To stand as one.
NBA players have taken to twitter to commemorate the anniversary of the terrorist attacks in New York, Washington D.C. and a field in Pennsylvania. Here are just some of the highlights.
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 9
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 2
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 45
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 3
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 82
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 23