Sep 11, 2013, 5:24 PM EST
LeBron said this week he was not going to discuss his pending free agency during the season (he can opt out after this season and is expected to). LeBron will make a statement on the first day of training camp and then not discuss the issue all season.
Carmelo Anthony is planning the same thing, he told the Associated Press Tuesday.
“I’m not. I’m just not going to do it,” he said. “I’m going to let everybody know the first day that I’m not going to talk about it. Hopefully you guys and your colleagues respect that, and that’s it.”
Yes, I’m sure the New York media will just let that die. No problem.
As with James, the Internet abhors a vacuum and his lack of talk will be filled by speculation and rumors — whether or not there is validity to them. This is not going to be that easy for ‘Melo or LeBron.
And like LeBron, I don’t expect Anthony is going to move when the season is over. He may opt out and get the security of a longer deal, but smart money is betting Anthony is not leaving Manhattan.
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 2
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 16
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 59
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8