Sep 11, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Over the past few years Mike James has been up in the NBA, then dumped, then brought back, then dumped again — a relationship that was more off-and-on than you with your college girlfriend/boyfriend.
Now it looks like he could be back — and he might stick in Chicago.
Marc Stein of ESPN first reported that the 38-year-old James, an 11-year NBA veteran, was going to get an invite to the Bulls training camp. He played 11 games with the Bulls in 2012, and later in the day Aggrey Sam of CSNChicago.com tweeted this.
The Bulls have open roster slots, but we’ll see if James can snag one. The Bulls are pretty loaded at the point — Derrick Rose, backed up by Kirk Hinrich and Marquis Teague. You can argue that they could use a veteran reserve behind Jimmy Butler at the two guard, but that’s not James’ game.
The past couple seasons James has had to go to the D-League to prove he deserved a shot on a big club. We’ll see if he can make it out of the gate this time around.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 37
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18