Sep 11, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Over the past few years Mike James has been up in the NBA, then dumped, then brought back, then dumped again — a relationship that was more off-and-on than you with your college girlfriend/boyfriend.
Now it looks like he could be back — and he might stick in Chicago.
Marc Stein of ESPN first reported that the 38-year-old James, an 11-year NBA veteran, was going to get an invite to the Bulls training camp. He played 11 games with the Bulls in 2012, and later in the day Aggrey Sam of CSNChicago.com tweeted this.
The Bulls have open roster slots, but we’ll see if James can snag one. The Bulls are pretty loaded at the point — Derrick Rose, backed up by Kirk Hinrich and Marquis Teague. You can argue that they could use a veteran reserve behind Jimmy Butler at the two guard, but that’s not James’ game.
The past couple seasons James has had to go to the D-League to prove he deserved a shot on a big club. We’ll see if he can make it out of the gate this time around.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 7
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 23
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 24
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9