Sep 11, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
Over the past few years Mike James has been up in the NBA, then dumped, then brought back, then dumped again — a relationship that was more off-and-on than you with your college girlfriend/boyfriend.
Now it looks like he could be back — and he might stick in Chicago.
Marc Stein of ESPN first reported that the 38-year-old James, an 11-year NBA veteran, was going to get an invite to the Bulls training camp. He played 11 games with the Bulls in 2012, and later in the day Aggrey Sam of CSNChicago.com tweeted this.
The Bulls have open roster slots, but we’ll see if James can snag one. The Bulls are pretty loaded at the point — Derrick Rose, backed up by Kirk Hinrich and Marquis Teague. You can argue that they could use a veteran reserve behind Jimmy Butler at the two guard, but that’s not James’ game.
The past couple seasons James has had to go to the D-League to prove he deserved a shot on a big club. We’ll see if he can make it out of the gate this time around.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 0
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 10
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 9
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 50
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7