Sep 10, 2013, 11:22 AM EDT
But the Fashion King award goes to none other than Russell Westbrook.
Westbrook has a long history of giving postgame news crews plenty to talk about – before they ever start asking questions about basketball. The OKC point guard is entering year two of a five-year, $78-million dollar contract. In other words: he’s got plenty of money to spend on outrageous outfits. His impressive collection of skinny jeans, colorblind polos, and lens-less specs puts Urkel to shame.
But it’s not just press conferences that get Westbrook’s creative juices flowing. Perhaps this stylish sensibility is what also attracted him to New York Fashion Week – and landed him a seat next to Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour.
It’s been a while (read: “never”) since I picked up a copy of Vogue, but who knows, maybe I’ll open a coming issue to see Russell Westbrook gazing back.
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 5
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 12
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 13
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 10
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 61