Sep 10, 2013, 11:22 AM EDT
But the Fashion King award goes to none other than Russell Westbrook.
Westbrook has a long history of giving postgame news crews plenty to talk about – before they ever start asking questions about basketball. The OKC point guard is entering year two of a five-year, $78-million dollar contract. In other words: he’s got plenty of money to spend on outrageous outfits. His impressive collection of skinny jeans, colorblind polos, and lens-less specs puts Urkel to shame.
But it’s not just press conferences that get Westbrook’s creative juices flowing. Perhaps this stylish sensibility is what also attracted him to New York Fashion Week – and landed him a seat next to Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour.
It’s been a while (read: “never”) since I picked up a copy of Vogue, but who knows, maybe I’ll open a coming issue to see Russell Westbrook gazing back.
- Paul George tweets: “I’ll be ok and be back better than ever” 0
- Paul George leaves USA Basketball Showcase with severe lower leg injury, remainder of scrimmage canceled 74
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 24
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49