Sep 10, 2013, 11:22 AM EDT
But the Fashion King award goes to none other than Russell Westbrook.
Westbrook has a long history of giving postgame news crews plenty to talk about – before they ever start asking questions about basketball. The OKC point guard is entering year two of a five-year, $78-million dollar contract. In other words: he’s got plenty of money to spend on outrageous outfits. His impressive collection of skinny jeans, colorblind polos, and lens-less specs puts Urkel to shame.
But it’s not just press conferences that get Westbrook’s creative juices flowing. Perhaps this stylish sensibility is what also attracted him to New York Fashion Week – and landed him a seat next to Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour.
It’s been a while (read: “never”) since I picked up a copy of Vogue, but who knows, maybe I’ll open a coming issue to see Russell Westbrook gazing back.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 2
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 2
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 2
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 6
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 7
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15