Sep 10, 2013, 11:22 AM EDT
But the Fashion King award goes to none other than Russell Westbrook.
Westbrook has a long history of giving postgame news crews plenty to talk about – before they ever start asking questions about basketball. The OKC point guard is entering year two of a five-year, $78-million dollar contract. In other words: he’s got plenty of money to spend on outrageous outfits. His impressive collection of skinny jeans, colorblind polos, and lens-less specs puts Urkel to shame.
But it’s not just press conferences that get Westbrook’s creative juices flowing. Perhaps this stylish sensibility is what also attracted him to New York Fashion Week – and landed him a seat next to Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour.
It’s been a while (read: “never”) since I picked up a copy of Vogue, but who knows, maybe I’ll open a coming issue to see Russell Westbrook gazing back.
- Can Thunder, without Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, overcome their first identity crisis? 9
- Jazz guard Alec Burks signs contract extension worth $42 million-$45 million 9
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 9
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 2
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, likely out 4-6 weeks 9
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 46
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 5
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 19