Sep 10, 2013, 11:22 AM EDT
But the Fashion King award goes to none other than Russell Westbrook.
Westbrook has a long history of giving postgame news crews plenty to talk about – before they ever start asking questions about basketball. The OKC point guard is entering year two of a five-year, $78-million dollar contract. In other words: he’s got plenty of money to spend on outrageous outfits. His impressive collection of skinny jeans, colorblind polos, and lens-less specs puts Urkel to shame.
But it’s not just press conferences that get Westbrook’s creative juices flowing. Perhaps this stylish sensibility is what also attracted him to New York Fashion Week – and landed him a seat next to Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour.
It’s been a while (read: “never”) since I picked up a copy of Vogue, but who knows, maybe I’ll open a coming issue to see Russell Westbrook gazing back.
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 0
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 18
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11