Sep 10, 2013, 1:43 PM EST
Fab Melo isn’t much of an NBA player right now — that’s part of the reason Boston traded him to Memphis this summer (the other was money), and it’s a key reason Memphis waived him even though they still had to pay him $1.3 million.
However, if you’re a GM that has room for a prospect big on your roster — one you can really send to your D-League affiliate for stretches as he needs more seasoning (he averaged 9.8 points, 6.0 rebounds and 3.1 blocks in the D-League last year and looked raw) — Melo could be a good fit.
The market is dry for Melo, but he may spend the fall in Dallas.
Melo is going to get a training camp invite from the Mavericks, tweets Marc Stein of ESPN.
Thing is, Dallas has 15 guaranteed contracts on their roster already, they can’t add anyone — this would be a training camp and training camp only invite for Melo.
Maybe if he played well he could catch the eye of another team, but you would imagine his preference is to head to camp somewhere with a shot of making the roster.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 11
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 54
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7