Sep 10, 2013, 2:39 PM EDT
I’m a fan of destination weddings (at least I was before I had children) — you and friends head off to some location and spend three days together celebrating the wedding of a friend. You play some golf, you have a few drinks, you eat, you dance, and a good time is had by all.
But he’s not going as big as you might expect.
Sources tell us James is planning a smaller wedding than what would normally be expected of an NBA All-Star’s nuptials. “He cut the list down because he didn’t want to have 1,000 people at the wedding,” said one source…
We hear the festivities will begin with a welcome barbecue on Friday evening before the afternoon wedding on Saturday, which will be followed by cocktails, dinner and dancing to DJs and possibly a live band. Wedding guests will feast at a farewell brunch on ¬Sunday, to close the weekend bash.
San Diego is one of America’s great vacation spots — it’s beautiful, clean and the weather is fantastic.
Congratulations to LeBron and Savannah, I hope it’s a long and happy marriage. Let us know where to send the toaster.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29