Sep 10, 2013, 2:39 PM EDT
I’m a fan of destination weddings (at least I was before I had children) — you and friends head off to some location and spend three days together celebrating the wedding of a friend. You play some golf, you have a few drinks, you eat, you dance, and a good time is had by all.
But he’s not going as big as you might expect.
Sources tell us James is planning a smaller wedding than what would normally be expected of an NBA All-Star’s nuptials. “He cut the list down because he didn’t want to have 1,000 people at the wedding,” said one source…
We hear the festivities will begin with a welcome barbecue on Friday evening before the afternoon wedding on Saturday, which will be followed by cocktails, dinner and dancing to DJs and possibly a live band. Wedding guests will feast at a farewell brunch on ¬Sunday, to close the weekend bash.
San Diego is one of America’s great vacation spots — it’s beautiful, clean and the weather is fantastic.
Congratulations to LeBron and Savannah, I hope it’s a long and happy marriage. Let us know where to send the toaster.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 17
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 16
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 23
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10