Sep 10, 2013, 2:39 PM EST
I’m a fan of destination weddings (at least I was before I had children) — you and friends head off to some location and spend three days together celebrating the wedding of a friend. You play some golf, you have a few drinks, you eat, you dance, and a good time is had by all.
But he’s not going as big as you might expect.
Sources tell us James is planning a smaller wedding than what would normally be expected of an NBA All-Star’s nuptials. “He cut the list down because he didn’t want to have 1,000 people at the wedding,” said one source…
We hear the festivities will begin with a welcome barbecue on Friday evening before the afternoon wedding on Saturday, which will be followed by cocktails, dinner and dancing to DJs and possibly a live band. Wedding guests will feast at a farewell brunch on ¬Sunday, to close the weekend bash.
San Diego is one of America’s great vacation spots — it’s beautiful, clean and the weather is fantastic.
Congratulations to LeBron and Savannah, I hope it’s a long and happy marriage. Let us know where to send the toaster.
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 1
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 1
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 15
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 2
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 4
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)