Sep 10, 2013, 2:39 PM EDT
I’m a fan of destination weddings (at least I was before I had children) — you and friends head off to some location and spend three days together celebrating the wedding of a friend. You play some golf, you have a few drinks, you eat, you dance, and a good time is had by all.
But he’s not going as big as you might expect.
Sources tell us James is planning a smaller wedding than what would normally be expected of an NBA All-Star’s nuptials. “He cut the list down because he didn’t want to have 1,000 people at the wedding,” said one source…
We hear the festivities will begin with a welcome barbecue on Friday evening before the afternoon wedding on Saturday, which will be followed by cocktails, dinner and dancing to DJs and possibly a live band. Wedding guests will feast at a farewell brunch on ¬Sunday, to close the weekend bash.
San Diego is one of America’s great vacation spots — it’s beautiful, clean and the weather is fantastic.
Congratulations to LeBron and Savannah, I hope it’s a long and happy marriage. Let us know where to send the toaster.
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 9
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 9
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 40
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 12
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 60
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73