Sep 9, 2013, 5:19 PM EDT
Glen Davis, who missed much of the last Orlando Magic season after foot surgery, should be ready to go at the start of training camp.
Davis is expected to be cleared for basketball activities by the end of month, right about when training camp starts, reports Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.
Does that mean he’ll be in shape and 100 percent by the start of the season? No. But getting him back on the court gives Orlando some depth along the front line for as long as they keep him around.
Davis averaged 15.1 points and 7.2 rebounds a game for the Magic last season before he was injured. He was taking on the most offense he ever had for a team and was playing his best ball.
Expect Orlando to get him healthy then, as he doesn’t really fit with their youth movement, expect him to get shopped around as we move closer to the trade deadline (or earlier if he looks healthy). Davis has two seasons, $13 million total left on his deal. As he did in Boston, he can be a solid big off the bench on a contending team.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 26
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 50
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28