Sep 9, 2013, 5:19 PM EDT
Glen Davis, who missed much of the last Orlando Magic season after foot surgery, should be ready to go at the start of training camp.
Davis is expected to be cleared for basketball activities by the end of month, right about when training camp starts, reports Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.
Does that mean he’ll be in shape and 100 percent by the start of the season? No. But getting him back on the court gives Orlando some depth along the front line for as long as they keep him around.
Davis averaged 15.1 points and 7.2 rebounds a game for the Magic last season before he was injured. He was taking on the most offense he ever had for a team and was playing his best ball.
Expect Orlando to get him healthy then, as he doesn’t really fit with their youth movement, expect him to get shopped around as we move closer to the trade deadline (or earlier if he looks healthy). Davis has two seasons, $13 million total left on his deal. As he did in Boston, he can be a solid big off the bench on a contending team.
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 60
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59