Sep 9, 2013, 5:19 PM EDT
Glen Davis, who missed much of the last Orlando Magic season after foot surgery, should be ready to go at the start of training camp.
Davis is expected to be cleared for basketball activities by the end of month, right about when training camp starts, reports Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.
Does that mean he’ll be in shape and 100 percent by the start of the season? No. But getting him back on the court gives Orlando some depth along the front line for as long as they keep him around.
Davis averaged 15.1 points and 7.2 rebounds a game for the Magic last season before he was injured. He was taking on the most offense he ever had for a team and was playing his best ball.
Expect Orlando to get him healthy then, as he doesn’t really fit with their youth movement, expect him to get shopped around as we move closer to the trade deadline (or earlier if he looks healthy). Davis has two seasons, $13 million total left on his deal. As he did in Boston, he can be a solid big off the bench on a contending team.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 33
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 8
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23