Sep 9, 2013, 3:37 PM EDT
J.R. Smith is a fearless gunner, with all the good and bad that comes with that. Last season for the Knicks that was what they needed, another scoring option outside Carmelo Anthony, and Smith provided them one to the tune of a career best 18.1 points a game.
Smith turns 28 today. We’re celebrating his birthday with highlights.
Smith attacks and doesn’t fear a contested shot, which makes him a lot of fun to watch. He knows how to score. It helped earn him a new three-year, $18 million contract with the Knicks this summer. Of course, then he got knee surgery, basically drove a tank around New York, then followed it up by getting suspended for the first five games of the season. But a few more late-game highlights and Knicks fans will look right past all that.
Here are some highlights from last season. Happy Birthday, J.R., enjoy it.
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 0
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 31
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8