Sep 9, 2013, 3:37 PM EST
J.R. Smith is a fearless gunner, with all the good and bad that comes with that. Last season for the Knicks that was what they needed, another scoring option outside Carmelo Anthony, and Smith provided them one to the tune of a career best 18.1 points a game.
Smith turns 28 today. We’re celebrating his birthday with highlights.
Smith attacks and doesn’t fear a contested shot, which makes him a lot of fun to watch. He knows how to score. It helped earn him a new three-year, $18 million contract with the Knicks this summer. Of course, then he got knee surgery, basically drove a tank around New York, then followed it up by getting suspended for the first five games of the season. But a few more late-game highlights and Knicks fans will look right past all that.
Here are some highlights from last season. Happy Birthday, J.R., enjoy it.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 19
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 16
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 61
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13