Sep 9, 2013, 3:37 PM EST
J.R. Smith is a fearless gunner, with all the good and bad that comes with that. Last season for the Knicks that was what they needed, another scoring option outside Carmelo Anthony, and Smith provided them one to the tune of a career best 18.1 points a game.
Smith turns 28 today. We’re celebrating his birthday with highlights.
Smith attacks and doesn’t fear a contested shot, which makes him a lot of fun to watch. He knows how to score. It helped earn him a new three-year, $18 million contract with the Knicks this summer. Of course, then he got knee surgery, basically drove a tank around New York, then followed it up by getting suspended for the first five games of the season. But a few more late-game highlights and Knicks fans will look right past all that.
Here are some highlights from last season. Happy Birthday, J.R., enjoy it.
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 2
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 1
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 5
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 25
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 24
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)