Sep 9, 2013, 3:37 PM EDT
J.R. Smith is a fearless gunner, with all the good and bad that comes with that. Last season for the Knicks that was what they needed, another scoring option outside Carmelo Anthony, and Smith provided them one to the tune of a career best 18.1 points a game.
Smith turns 28 today. We’re celebrating his birthday with highlights.
Smith attacks and doesn’t fear a contested shot, which makes him a lot of fun to watch. He knows how to score. It helped earn him a new three-year, $18 million contract with the Knicks this summer. Of course, then he got knee surgery, basically drove a tank around New York, then followed it up by getting suspended for the first five games of the season. But a few more late-game highlights and Knicks fans will look right past all that.
Here are some highlights from last season. Happy Birthday, J.R., enjoy it.
- PBT Extra: Giving out MVP, end of season awards 0
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 33
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 14
- 2014 PBT Awards: Most Improved Player 21
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 1