Sep 9, 2013, 3:37 PM EDT
J.R. Smith is a fearless gunner, with all the good and bad that comes with that. Last season for the Knicks that was what they needed, another scoring option outside Carmelo Anthony, and Smith provided them one to the tune of a career best 18.1 points a game.
Smith turns 28 today. We’re celebrating his birthday with highlights.
Smith attacks and doesn’t fear a contested shot, which makes him a lot of fun to watch. He knows how to score. It helped earn him a new three-year, $18 million contract with the Knicks this summer. Of course, then he got knee surgery, basically drove a tank around New York, then followed it up by getting suspended for the first five games of the season. But a few more late-game highlights and Knicks fans will look right past all that.
Here are some highlights from last season. Happy Birthday, J.R., enjoy it.
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 0
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 28
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 7
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 6
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 12
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19