Sep 9, 2013, 2:47 PM EST
When last we saw Russell Westbrook on an NBA court, it was in a game where a collision left him with a torn meniscus and needing knee surgery. This week, we’ve seen him at Fashion Week in New York, because where else can you get the shirts he wears?
But when will we seen back on a court and not a runway?
At a Nike&Foot Locker event in Barcelona (Spain), Kevin Durant said he expects Russell Westbrook to be ready for the start of the season.—
Raúl Barrigón (@BarriHoopsHype) September 09, 2013
Usually this surgery means a couple months of recovery, which meant Westbrook was expected to be back for the start of training camp. It understandably may take him a while to fully trust the knee and return to his old self, but that’s why there is a regular season.
OKC is going to finish with one of the top records in the West — in the regular season you just can’t prepare for the kind of athleticism they throw at you. Their offense isn’t that complex because it doesn’t have to be. The playoffs, with more time to prepare and force teams out of their comfort zones is another matter — that is where they will miss James Harden or Kevin Martin — but expect another monster regular season out of Westbrook.
- LeBron James likely to start at center for Eastern Conference All-Stars 0
- Report: Sixers a viable trade destination for Omer Asik 10
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 6
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 30
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 18
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (45)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)