Sep 9, 2013, 2:47 PM EDT
When last we saw Russell Westbrook on an NBA court, it was in a game where a collision left him with a torn meniscus and needing knee surgery. This week, we’ve seen him at Fashion Week in New York, because where else can you get the shirts he wears?
But when will we seen back on a court and not a runway?
At a Nike&Foot Locker event in Barcelona (Spain), Kevin Durant said he expects Russell Westbrook to be ready for the start of the season.—
Raúl Barrigón (@BarriHoopsHype) September 09, 2013
Usually this surgery means a couple months of recovery, which meant Westbrook was expected to be back for the start of training camp. It understandably may take him a while to fully trust the knee and return to his old self, but that’s why there is a regular season.
OKC is going to finish with one of the top records in the West — in the regular season you just can’t prepare for the kind of athleticism they throw at you. Their offense isn’t that complex because it doesn’t have to be. The playoffs, with more time to prepare and force teams out of their comfort zones is another matter — that is where they will miss James Harden or Kevin Martin — but expect another monster regular season out of Westbrook.
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. But he liked what LeBron did. 0
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 34
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 37
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 20
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 18
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 69