Sep 9, 2013, 2:47 PM EDT
When last we saw Russell Westbrook on an NBA court, it was in a game where a collision left him with a torn meniscus and needing knee surgery. This week, we’ve seen him at Fashion Week in New York, because where else can you get the shirts he wears?
But when will we seen back on a court and not a runway?
Usually this surgery means a couple months of recovery, which meant Westbrook was expected to be back for the start of training camp. It understandably may take him a while to fully trust the knee and return to his old self, but that’s why there is a regular season.
OKC is going to finish with one of the top records in the West — in the regular season you just can’t prepare for the kind of athleticism they throw at you. Their offense isn’t that complex because it doesn’t have to be. The playoffs, with more time to prepare and force teams out of their comfort zones is another matter — that is where they will miss James Harden or Kevin Martin — but expect another monster regular season out of Westbrook.
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 4
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 16
- FIBA World Cup USA vs. Serbia preview: Serbia no pushover but Americans should grab gold 4
- France beats Lithuania to win World Cup bronze 6
- Carmelo Anthony says nobody would want to play for Hawks 20
- Rudy Gay upset over ‘dirty play’ that caused him to suffer a fractured jaw in Team USA’s win over Lithuania 17
- Serbia holds off furious French comeback, wins to advance to gold medal game vs. USA 4
- Hawks GM Danny Ferry releases statement on his leave of absence, apologizes again 6