Sep 9, 2013, 2:47 PM EDT
When last we saw Russell Westbrook on an NBA court, it was in a game where a collision left him with a torn meniscus and needing knee surgery. This week, we’ve seen him at Fashion Week in New York, because where else can you get the shirts he wears?
But when will we seen back on a court and not a runway?
Usually this surgery means a couple months of recovery, which meant Westbrook was expected to be back for the start of training camp. It understandably may take him a while to fully trust the knee and return to his old self, but that’s why there is a regular season.
OKC is going to finish with one of the top records in the West — in the regular season you just can’t prepare for the kind of athleticism they throw at you. Their offense isn’t that complex because it doesn’t have to be. The playoffs, with more time to prepare and force teams out of their comfort zones is another matter — that is where they will miss James Harden or Kevin Martin — but expect another monster regular season out of Westbrook.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10