Sep 9, 2013, 10:43 PM EST
I love my brother dearly. He was the best man at my wedding, he has been a friend, support system, and guy who helped expand my view of the world at times. I would do anything for him.
Except get his face tattooed on my back.
Which is why I’m apparently not as good a brother as Chris Smith — the Knicks training camp fodder got the face of his brother J.R. Smith (he of the big new Knicks contract and subsequent knee surgery) tattooed on his back.
I tip my cap to you Chris, you have gone farther than I would for my brother. I know you’ll be there to support J.R. through his five game suspension to start the season.
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 1
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 1
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 4
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 1
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 15
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)