Chris Smith got his brother J.R.’s face tattooed on his back

Sep 9, 2013, 10:43 PM EDT

I love my brother dearly. He was the best man at my wedding, he has been a friend, support system, and guy who helped expand my view of the world at times. I would do anything for him.

Except get his face tattooed on my back.

Which is why I’m apparently not as good a brother as Chris Smith — the Knicks training camp fodder got the face of his brother J.R. Smith (he of the big new Knicks contract and subsequent knee surgery) tattooed on his back.

I tip my cap to you Chris, you have gone farther than I would for my brother. I know you’ll be there to support J.R. through his five game suspension to start the season.

1. JMClarkent - Sep 9, 2013 at 11:08 PM

He did it because JR likes to look at himself while he is making love.

• abchome - Sep 9, 2013 at 11:33 PM

How did you know? Got one in your back?

• JMClarkent - Sep 10, 2013 at 6:51 PM

I do! There was a guy ahead of me in line getting the exact “abchome” tattoo that I actually went for; sadly I had to settle for second best.

2. somekat - Sep 9, 2013 at 11:11 PM

I assume you also don’t live off of your brother, so the comparison is void

3. jabronikid - Sep 9, 2013 at 11:46 PM

100% sure he’s also into drugs

4. psly2124 - Sep 10, 2013 at 12:52 AM

Proving that he’s a leech, keep that gravy train rolling. My bet kid brother has never worked a day in his life. But most likely has an EBT card.

• asimonetti88 - Sep 10, 2013 at 10:54 AM

well he played for the Knicks last season, which I’m sure JR had nothing to do with.

5. seanb20124 - Sep 10, 2013 at 8:16 AM

Kid brother is a pro ballet himself, albeit not really NBA quality

6. dexterismyhero - Sep 10, 2013 at 8:57 AM

WTF? Would that be called brown backing instead of brown nosing?

If they find him face down in a pool will somebody say “hey, that’s JR Smith”.

7. skinsfanwill - Sep 10, 2013 at 2:24 PM

I would bet he was high as all hell when he got that done. Brother J.R. probably came home with some good trees and Chris was very thankful.

Will LeBron get booed Christmas Day in Miami?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches