Sep 9, 2013, 3:05 AM EST
Bernard King, one of the best and most entertaining pure scorers the game had ever seen, is finally in the Hall of Fame.
He deserved this for a while and seemed to savor the moment during his acceptance speech on Sunday. He talked about everything from the Tennessee to the Knicks to his aunt Pearl.
King averaged 22.5 points a game shooting 51.8 percent over the course of his career. He was a four-time All-Star, twice All-NBA First team (and another time on the second team), and more than that he was a Brooklyn kid who brought a little of the NYC street game to the Garden. This was well deserved.
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 25
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 2
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 28
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 3
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 36
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 10