Sep 9, 2013, 3:05 AM EDT
Bernard King, one of the best and most entertaining pure scorers the game had ever seen, is finally in the Hall of Fame.
He deserved this for a while and seemed to savor the moment during his acceptance speech on Sunday. He talked about everything from the Tennessee to the Knicks to his aunt Pearl.
King averaged 22.5 points a game shooting 51.8 percent over the course of his career. He was a four-time All-Star, twice All-NBA First team (and another time on the second team), and more than that he was a Brooklyn kid who brought a little of the NYC street game to the Garden. This was well deserved.
- Are the Warriors championship favorites? Adjusting for playoff rotations says yes 0
- Son tweets Craig Sager has acute leukemia 7
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 6
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 25
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 44