Sep 9, 2013, 3:05 AM EDT
Bernard King, one of the best and most entertaining pure scorers the game had ever seen, is finally in the Hall of Fame.
He deserved this for a while and seemed to savor the moment during his acceptance speech on Sunday. He talked about everything from the Tennessee to the Knicks to his aunt Pearl.
King averaged 22.5 points a game shooting 51.8 percent over the course of his career. He was a four-time All-Star, twice All-NBA First team (and another time on the second team), and more than that he was a Brooklyn kid who brought a little of the NYC street game to the Garden. This was well deserved.
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 2
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 8
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 3
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 16
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18