Sep 9, 2013, 3:05 AM EST
Bernard King, one of the best and most entertaining pure scorers the game had ever seen, is finally in the Hall of Fame.
He deserved this for a while and seemed to savor the moment during his acceptance speech on Sunday. He talked about everything from the Tennessee to the Knicks to his aunt Pearl.
King averaged 22.5 points a game shooting 51.8 percent over the course of his career. He was a four-time All-Star, twice All-NBA First team (and another time on the second team), and more than that he was a Brooklyn kid who brought a little of the NYC street game to the Garden. This was well deserved.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 7
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 12
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 30