Sep 8, 2013, 5:00 PM EST
Gary Payton was among those inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame on Sunday, and he was known for his trash talk as much as he was for his playmaking skills and his ability as a lockdown defender.
His induction highlight reel begins by pointing that out, but of course evolves to show his defense, his lobs to Shawn Kemp, his battle with Michael Jordan in the 1996 NBA Finals, and his championship run with the Miami Heat in 2006.
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 32
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 2
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8