Sep 8, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
Gary Payton was among those inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame on Sunday, and he was known for his trash talk as much as he was for his playmaking skills and his ability as a lockdown defender.
His induction highlight reel begins by pointing that out, but of course evolves to show his defense, his lobs to Shawn Kemp, his battle with Michael Jordan in the 1996 NBA Finals, and his championship run with the Miami Heat in 2006.
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 16
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 9
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 14
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 16
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 14
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 23