Sep 8, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
Gary Payton was among those inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame on Sunday, and he was known for his trash talk as much as he was for his playmaking skills and his ability as a lockdown defender.
His induction highlight reel begins by pointing that out, but of course evolves to show his defense, his lobs to Shawn Kemp, his battle with Michael Jordan in the 1996 NBA Finals, and his championship run with the Miami Heat in 2006.
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 9
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 25
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 68
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 8
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36