Sep 8, 2013, 5:00 PM EST
Gary Payton was among those inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame on Sunday, and he was known for his trash talk as much as he was for his playmaking skills and his ability as a lockdown defender.
His induction highlight reel begins by pointing that out, but of course evolves to show his defense, his lobs to Shawn Kemp, his battle with Michael Jordan in the 1996 NBA Finals, and his championship run with the Miami Heat in 2006.
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 13
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 10
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29