Sep 8, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
Gary Payton was among those inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame on Sunday, and he was known for his trash talk as much as he was for his playmaking skills and his ability as a lockdown defender.
His induction highlight reel begins by pointing that out, but of course evolves to show his defense, his lobs to Shawn Kemp, his battle with Michael Jordan in the 1996 NBA Finals, and his championship run with the Miami Heat in 2006.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 23
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49