Sep 7, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Wizards guard Bradley Beal was honored by his former high school on Friday with a jersey retirement ceremony.
The Missouri native’s No. 23 jersey is being retired on Friday by his former high school. Fellow Chaminade College Prep alum and Golden State center David Lee previously had his jersey retired by the school.
Beal, a 2011 graduate, keyed Chaminade’s 2009 Missouri state championship run. As a senior, he was named Gatorade’s National Boys Basketball Player of The Year after averaging 32.4 points, 5.7 rebounds, 2.8 assists and 2.7 steals per game.
Beal had a solid rookie campaign for the Wizards before being shut down with a leg injury late in the season. He averaged 13.9 points, 3.8 rebounds, and 2.4 assists in 31.2 minutes per game, and appeared in 56 contests.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 20
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 20
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12