Sep 7, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Wizards guard Bradley Beal was honored by his former high school on Friday with a jersey retirement ceremony.
The Missouri native’s No. 23 jersey is being retired on Friday by his former high school. Fellow Chaminade College Prep alum and Golden State center David Lee previously had his jersey retired by the school.
Beal, a 2011 graduate, keyed Chaminade’s 2009 Missouri state championship run. As a senior, he was named Gatorade’s National Boys Basketball Player of The Year after averaging 32.4 points, 5.7 rebounds, 2.8 assists and 2.7 steals per game.
Beal had a solid rookie campaign for the Wizards before being shut down with a leg injury late in the season. He averaged 13.9 points, 3.8 rebounds, and 2.4 assists in 31.2 minutes per game, and appeared in 56 contests.
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 10
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 8
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 54
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 10