Sep 7, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Wizards guard Bradley Beal was honored by his former high school on Friday with a jersey retirement ceremony.
The Missouri native’s No. 23 jersey is being retired on Friday by his former high school. Fellow Chaminade College Prep alum and Golden State center David Lee previously had his jersey retired by the school.
Beal, a 2011 graduate, keyed Chaminade’s 2009 Missouri state championship run. As a senior, he was named Gatorade’s National Boys Basketball Player of The Year after averaging 32.4 points, 5.7 rebounds, 2.8 assists and 2.7 steals per game.
Beal had a solid rookie campaign for the Wizards before being shut down with a leg injury late in the season. He averaged 13.9 points, 3.8 rebounds, and 2.4 assists in 31.2 minutes per game, and appeared in 56 contests.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 37
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 3
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5