Sep 7, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Wizards guard Bradley Beal was honored by his former high school on Friday with a jersey retirement ceremony.
The Missouri native’s No. 23 jersey is being retired on Friday by his former high school. Fellow Chaminade College Prep alum and Golden State center David Lee previously had his jersey retired by the school.
Beal, a 2011 graduate, keyed Chaminade’s 2009 Missouri state championship run. As a senior, he was named Gatorade’s National Boys Basketball Player of The Year after averaging 32.4 points, 5.7 rebounds, 2.8 assists and 2.7 steals per game.
Beal had a solid rookie campaign for the Wizards before being shut down with a leg injury late in the season. He averaged 13.9 points, 3.8 rebounds, and 2.4 assists in 31.2 minutes per game, and appeared in 56 contests.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32