Sep 6, 2013, 8:44 AM EDT
This weekend is the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame inductions, and one of the traditions is to have an existing Hall of Famer present (basically, walk up there with) this year’s inductees.
It’s a big honor, and this year’s list of presenters is like a Hall of Fame who’s who. Here is a list of the highlights (click here to see the full list).
Gary Payton: John Stockton and George Gervin.
Bernard King: Dominique Wilkins.
Roger Brown: Presented by Reggie Miller and Mel Daniels (this is the Indiana Pacers connection).
Richie Guerin: Bob Cousy and John Havlicek (two Celtics welcoming a Knicks player, that’s a sign of respect).
Guy V. Lewis: Hakeem Olajuwon and Clyde Drexler (Lewis was the legendary University of Houston coach who had those two on his team).
Oscar Schmidt: Larry Bird (Schmidt was the legendary Brazilian star).
Jerry Tarkanian: Bill Walton and Pete Carril.
Check out PBT this weekend as we have a reporter at the event to give us a view from the induction, plus we will run plenty of video highlights.
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 7
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 4
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 1
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 10
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 7
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31
- Suns coach Hornacek says shortening games won’t help teams rest their stars 2