Sep 6, 2013, 8:44 AM EDT
This weekend is the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame inductions, and one of the traditions is to have an existing Hall of Famer present (basically, walk up there with) this year’s inductees.
It’s a big honor, and this year’s list of presenters is like a Hall of Fame who’s who. Here is a list of the highlights (click here to see the full list).
Gary Payton: John Stockton and George Gervin.
Bernard King: Dominique Wilkins.
Roger Brown: Presented by Reggie Miller and Mel Daniels (this is the Indiana Pacers connection).
Richie Guerin: Bob Cousy and John Havlicek (two Celtics welcoming a Knicks player, that’s a sign of respect).
Guy V. Lewis: Hakeem Olajuwon and Clyde Drexler (Lewis was the legendary University of Houston coach who had those two on his team).
Oscar Schmidt: Larry Bird (Schmidt was the legendary Brazilian star).
Jerry Tarkanian: Bill Walton and Pete Carril.
Check out PBT this weekend as we have a reporter at the event to give us a view from the induction, plus we will run plenty of video highlights.
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 0
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 79
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20