Sep 6, 2013, 8:44 AM EST
This weekend is the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame inductions, and one of the traditions is to have an existing Hall of Famer present (basically, walk up there with) this year’s inductees.
It’s a big honor, and this year’s list of presenters is like a Hall of Fame who’s who. Here is a list of the highlights (click here to see the full list).
Gary Payton: John Stockton and George Gervin.
Bernard King: Dominique Wilkins.
Roger Brown: Presented by Reggie Miller and Mel Daniels (this is the Indiana Pacers connection).
Richie Guerin: Bob Cousy and John Havlicek (two Celtics welcoming a Knicks player, that’s a sign of respect).
Guy V. Lewis: Hakeem Olajuwon and Clyde Drexler (Lewis was the legendary University of Houston coach who had those two on his team).
Oscar Schmidt: Larry Bird (Schmidt was the legendary Brazilian star).
Jerry Tarkanian: Bill Walton and Pete Carril.
Check out PBT this weekend as we have a reporter at the event to give us a view from the induction, plus we will run plenty of video highlights.
- What rust? Russell Westbrook returns, puts up 32 points in 24 minutes (VIDEO) 2
- NBA denies Kings’ protest 3
- Russell Westbrook returns to court tonight for Thunder vs. Knicks 9
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 11
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 8