Sep 6, 2013, 8:44 AM EDT
This weekend is the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame inductions, and one of the traditions is to have an existing Hall of Famer present (basically, walk up there with) this year’s inductees.
It’s a big honor, and this year’s list of presenters is like a Hall of Fame who’s who. Here is a list of the highlights (click here to see the full list).
Gary Payton: John Stockton and George Gervin.
Bernard King: Dominique Wilkins.
Roger Brown: Presented by Reggie Miller and Mel Daniels (this is the Indiana Pacers connection).
Richie Guerin: Bob Cousy and John Havlicek (two Celtics welcoming a Knicks player, that’s a sign of respect).
Guy V. Lewis: Hakeem Olajuwon and Clyde Drexler (Lewis was the legendary University of Houston coach who had those two on his team).
Oscar Schmidt: Larry Bird (Schmidt was the legendary Brazilian star).
Jerry Tarkanian: Bill Walton and Pete Carril.
Check out PBT this weekend as we have a reporter at the event to give us a view from the induction, plus we will run plenty of video highlights.
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 0
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 16
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 13
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 24
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks 8