Sep 6, 2013, 8:44 AM EDT
This weekend is the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame inductions, and one of the traditions is to have an existing Hall of Famer present (basically, walk up there with) this year’s inductees.
It’s a big honor, and this year’s list of presenters is like a Hall of Fame who’s who. Here is a list of the highlights (click here to see the full list).
Gary Payton: John Stockton and George Gervin.
Bernard King: Dominique Wilkins.
Roger Brown: Presented by Reggie Miller and Mel Daniels (this is the Indiana Pacers connection).
Richie Guerin: Bob Cousy and John Havlicek (two Celtics welcoming a Knicks player, that’s a sign of respect).
Guy V. Lewis: Hakeem Olajuwon and Clyde Drexler (Lewis was the legendary University of Houston coach who had those two on his team).
Oscar Schmidt: Larry Bird (Schmidt was the legendary Brazilian star).
Jerry Tarkanian: Bill Walton and Pete Carril.
Check out PBT this weekend as we have a reporter at the event to give us a view from the induction, plus we will run plenty of video highlights.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 11
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9