Sep 6, 2013, 11:20 AM EDT
When you think of old school guards, Richie Guerin fits your mold. He was a native New Yorker who went on to be a six-time All-Star for the Knicks, a player respected and remembered for his feisty style of play.
This weekend he goes into the Hall of Fame, and in a sign of how respected he is Celtics legends Bob Cousy and John Havlicek are his presenters.
Above our some Guerin highlights, courtesy the NBA.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 27
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18