Sep 6, 2013, 12:12 AM EDT
The Clippers announced the signing of Brandon Davies on Thursday, an undrafted forward out of BYU who impressed while playing for L.A.’s Summer League squad in Las Vegas.
“We really liked Brandon in Summer League,” Clippers Head Coach and Senior Vice President of Basketball Operations Doc Rivers said, via the team’s official release. “We like his ability to play multiple positions and he fits with our team. He understands team basketball and has been in here all summer working on his game.”
Davies averaged 5.8 points and 4.0 rebounds in 15.8 minutes of play in five Summer League appearances, but averaged 17.7 points, 8.0 rebounds, 2.4 assists and a blocked shot in 36 games during his senior year at BYU last season.
The Clippers have guaranteed contracts committed to 13 players for next season. The deal with Davies is believed to be partially guaranteed, according to Ben Bolch of the Los Angeles Times.
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 14
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 6
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0