Sep 6, 2013, 12:12 AM EST
The Clippers announced the signing of Brandon Davies on Thursday, an undrafted forward out of BYU who impressed while playing for L.A.’s Summer League squad in Las Vegas.
“We really liked Brandon in Summer League,” Clippers Head Coach and Senior Vice President of Basketball Operations Doc Rivers said, via the team’s official release. “We like his ability to play multiple positions and he fits with our team. He understands team basketball and has been in here all summer working on his game.”
Davies averaged 5.8 points and 4.0 rebounds in 15.8 minutes of play in five Summer League appearances, but averaged 17.7 points, 8.0 rebounds, 2.4 assists and a blocked shot in 36 games during his senior year at BYU last season.
The Clippers have guaranteed contracts committed to 13 players for next season. The deal with Davies is believed to be partially guaranteed, according to Ben Bolch of the Los Angeles Times.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 10
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0