Sep 6, 2013, 12:12 AM EDT
The Clippers announced the signing of Brandon Davies on Thursday, an undrafted forward out of BYU who impressed while playing for L.A.’s Summer League squad in Las Vegas.
“We really liked Brandon in Summer League,” Clippers Head Coach and Senior Vice President of Basketball Operations Doc Rivers said, via the team’s official release. “We like his ability to play multiple positions and he fits with our team. He understands team basketball and has been in here all summer working on his game.”
Davies averaged 5.8 points and 4.0 rebounds in 15.8 minutes of play in five Summer League appearances, but averaged 17.7 points, 8.0 rebounds, 2.4 assists and a blocked shot in 36 games during his senior year at BYU last season.
The Clippers have guaranteed contracts committed to 13 players for next season. The deal with Davies is believed to be partially guaranteed, according to Ben Bolch of the Los Angeles Times.
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 7
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 31
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8