Sep 6, 2013, 12:12 AM EDT
The Clippers announced the signing of Brandon Davies on Thursday, an undrafted forward out of BYU who impressed while playing for L.A.’s Summer League squad in Las Vegas.
“We really liked Brandon in Summer League,” Clippers Head Coach and Senior Vice President of Basketball Operations Doc Rivers said, via the team’s official release. “We like his ability to play multiple positions and he fits with our team. He understands team basketball and has been in here all summer working on his game.”
Davies averaged 5.8 points and 4.0 rebounds in 15.8 minutes of play in five Summer League appearances, but averaged 17.7 points, 8.0 rebounds, 2.4 assists and a blocked shot in 36 games during his senior year at BYU last season.
The Clippers have guaranteed contracts committed to 13 players for next season. The deal with Davies is believed to be partially guaranteed, according to Ben Bolch of the Los Angeles Times.
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 10
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 20
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 54
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 17
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 34
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5