Sep 6, 2013, 12:12 AM EST
The Clippers announced the signing of Brandon Davies on Thursday, an undrafted forward out of BYU who impressed while playing for L.A.’s Summer League squad in Las Vegas.
“We really liked Brandon in Summer League,” Clippers Head Coach and Senior Vice President of Basketball Operations Doc Rivers said, via the team’s official release. “We like his ability to play multiple positions and he fits with our team. He understands team basketball and has been in here all summer working on his game.”
Davies averaged 5.8 points and 4.0 rebounds in 15.8 minutes of play in five Summer League appearances, but averaged 17.7 points, 8.0 rebounds, 2.4 assists and a blocked shot in 36 games during his senior year at BYU last season.
The Clippers have guaranteed contracts committed to 13 players for next season. The deal with Davies is believed to be partially guaranteed, according to Ben Bolch of the Los Angeles Times.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 2
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 12
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17