Sep 5, 2013, 3:40 PM EDT
It was the defining moment of these NBA Finals — Miami was down three in Game six and were seconds away from losing the series to the San Antonio Spurs. LeBron James missed a three, but Chris Bosh got the rebound, Ray Allen hit the step back three and the rest is history.
In San Antonio for Game 6, they opened up the AT&T Center for a viewing party, and a video making the rounds today shows the air just go out of that building when Allen hits his shot.
That loss was crushing for the Spurs, even after they bounced back pretty well when you asked them about the series after Game 7 they went back to Game 6. That is when they had it and lost it. And the fans feel the punch in the gut, too.
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 0
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8