Sep 5, 2013, 3:40 PM EST
It was the defining moment of these NBA Finals — Miami was down three in Game six and were seconds away from losing the series to the San Antonio Spurs. LeBron James missed a three, but Chris Bosh got the rebound, Ray Allen hit the step back three and the rest is history.
In San Antonio for Game 6, they opened up the AT&T Center for a viewing party, and a video making the rounds today shows the air just go out of that building when Allen hits his shot.
That loss was crushing for the Spurs, even after they bounced back pretty well when you asked them about the series after Game 7 they went back to Game 6. That is when they had it and lost it. And the fans feel the punch in the gut, too.
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 27
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 2
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 29
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 4
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 36
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 10