Sep 5, 2013, 3:40 PM EDT
It was the defining moment of these NBA Finals — Miami was down three in Game six and were seconds away from losing the series to the San Antonio Spurs. LeBron James missed a three, but Chris Bosh got the rebound, Ray Allen hit the step back three and the rest is history.
In San Antonio for Game 6, they opened up the AT&T Center for a viewing party, and a video making the rounds today shows the air just go out of that building when Allen hits his shot.
That loss was crushing for the Spurs, even after they bounced back pretty well when you asked them about the series after Game 7 they went back to Game 6. That is when they had it and lost it. And the fans feel the punch in the gut, too.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 77
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20