Sep 5, 2013, 12:02 AM EST
As the summer winds down with less than a month until training camps open, players are in the process of finishing up their offseason commitments.
For Kevin Durant, that means his first tour of Europe courtesy of Nike, where he’ll be stopping in France, Italy, and Spain during his week-long visit.
From the official release:
“While officially kicking off the tour in Paris for his first full day in town, Durant took time out to visit iconic sights of the French Capital, stopping at the Eiffel Tower. Later in the day, Durant is meeting with a group of young Parisian basketball players at le Centquatre cultural center for a tournament and skills challenges.
“As the tour moves to Italy, KD will visit basketball hotspots in Milan and Rome. He will also take in the cultural sights and historic landmarks, participating in a KDI camp in Milan, as well as visit fashion houses and the Nike Stadium Milan. In addition, he will drop by Space23, the sportswear store owned by Marco Materazzi, to meet fans and the Italian football star.
“The last leg of the tour will see Kevin Durant head to Barcelona, where he will help to coach local basketball players. KD will surprise Barcelona basketballers on different city courts inviting them to join him to play on a downtown court next to the beach in Barcelona.”
Durant will return to Europe with the rest of his Oklahoma City Thunder teammates as part of the NBA’s international preseason schedule, which tips off October 5.
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 9
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 8
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 5
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29