Sep 5, 2013, 12:02 AM EST
As the summer winds down with less than a month until training camps open, players are in the process of finishing up their offseason commitments.
For Kevin Durant, that means his first tour of Europe courtesy of Nike, where he’ll be stopping in France, Italy, and Spain during his week-long visit.
From the official release:
“While officially kicking off the tour in Paris for his first full day in town, Durant took time out to visit iconic sights of the French Capital, stopping at the Eiffel Tower. Later in the day, Durant is meeting with a group of young Parisian basketball players at le Centquatre cultural center for a tournament and skills challenges.
“As the tour moves to Italy, KD will visit basketball hotspots in Milan and Rome. He will also take in the cultural sights and historic landmarks, participating in a KDI camp in Milan, as well as visit fashion houses and the Nike Stadium Milan. In addition, he will drop by Space23, the sportswear store owned by Marco Materazzi, to meet fans and the Italian football star.
“The last leg of the tour will see Kevin Durant head to Barcelona, where he will help to coach local basketball players. KD will surprise Barcelona basketballers on different city courts inviting them to join him to play on a downtown court next to the beach in Barcelona.”
Durant will return to Europe with the rest of his Oklahoma City Thunder teammates as part of the NBA’s international preseason schedule, which tips off October 5.
- Lakers may give Kobe Bryant some nights off to rest. If he wants them. 11
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 6
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18