Sep 5, 2013, 8:44 AM EST
Day one of EuroBasket is in the books and there were plenty of upsets — Germany (without Dirk Nowitzki) beat a France team with Tony Parker, Boris Diaw and other stars. There was Italy over Russia, Finland over Turkey and Great Britain over Israel to name a few.
Since this is the best basketball going on around the planet right now, let’s take a look at the highlights from Day 1. I’ll admit, not the most impressive athletic showing ever (compared to the NBA), but we got some Bo McCalebb highlights in and that’s always good.
Hat tip to Sportando.
- Wednesday night NBA grades: Amar’e Stoudemire played well? Yes. Yes he did. 2
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 2
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 10
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 13
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9