Sep 5, 2013, 8:44 AM EST
Day one of EuroBasket is in the books and there were plenty of upsets — Germany (without Dirk Nowitzki) beat a France team with Tony Parker, Boris Diaw and other stars. There was Italy over Russia, Finland over Turkey and Great Britain over Israel to name a few.
Since this is the best basketball going on around the planet right now, let’s take a look at the highlights from Day 1. I’ll admit, not the most impressive athletic showing ever (compared to the NBA), but we got some Bo McCalebb highlights in and that’s always good.
Hat tip to Sportando.
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 49
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 14
- Report: Danny Ainge telling other teams he won’t trade Rajon Rondo 13
- PBT Extra: How would the NBA benefit from legalized sports betting? 2
- NBPA ready to appeal Jeffery Taylor’s 24-game suspension 12
- Alex Len, No. 5 pick in a draft full of players who looked like busts as rookies, showing he doesn’t deserve the label 5