Sep 5, 2013, 8:44 AM EDT
Day one of EuroBasket is in the books and there were plenty of upsets — Germany (without Dirk Nowitzki) beat a France team with Tony Parker, Boris Diaw and other stars. There was Italy over Russia, Finland over Turkey and Great Britain over Israel to name a few.
Since this is the best basketball going on around the planet right now, let’s take a look at the highlights from Day 1. I’ll admit, not the most impressive athletic showing ever (compared to the NBA), but we got some Bo McCalebb highlights in and that’s always good.
Hat tip to Sportando.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 79
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20