Sep 5, 2013, 8:44 AM EST
Day one of EuroBasket is in the books and there were plenty of upsets — Germany (without Dirk Nowitzki) beat a France team with Tony Parker, Boris Diaw and other stars. There was Italy over Russia, Finland over Turkey and Great Britain over Israel to name a few.
Since this is the best basketball going on around the planet right now, let’s take a look at the highlights from Day 1. I’ll admit, not the most impressive athletic showing ever (compared to the NBA), but we got some Bo McCalebb highlights in and that’s always good.
Hat tip to Sportando.
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 0
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 5
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 4
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 13
- Derrick Rose to those doubting his return: “You can be a fool if you want to” 13
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (36)