Sep 5, 2013, 8:44 AM EST
Day one of EuroBasket is in the books and there were plenty of upsets — Germany (without Dirk Nowitzki) beat a France team with Tony Parker, Boris Diaw and other stars. There was Italy over Russia, Finland over Turkey and Great Britain over Israel to name a few.
Since this is the best basketball going on around the planet right now, let’s take a look at the highlights from Day 1. I’ll admit, not the most impressive athletic showing ever (compared to the NBA), but we got some Bo McCalebb highlights in and that’s always good.
Hat tip to Sportando.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 0
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 8
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13