Sep 4, 2013, 1:55 PM EDT
That would be literally throwing it down.
The Australian team from How Ridiculous — who travel the globe making trick shots and trying to help children in poverty — went to Rotterdam and the Euromast Tower. Which is a massive observation tower built in the Netherlands port city to… observe something.
It took them 62 attempts, but they finally got this roughly 321 foot shot to fall. They claim this breaks their own world record for highest shot, which the Guinness Book of World Records had at about 220 feet. So I guess this is it.
Hat tip to Lang at All Ball, who could have made this shot in five attempts, and had some backspin on the ball.
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 8
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 19
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 12
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 30