Sep 4, 2013, 8:06 PM EDT
There doesn’t really seem to be a whole lot of Shane Battier hate out there in the world, but in case the player who has now won two championships as a member of the Miami Heat runs into someone who isn’t a fan, he’ll be able to silently display both of his rings by raising the middle fingers on each of his hands.
The Heat players have been getting sized for their 2013 rings the last few days, and Battier opted to go with the same finger he chose for his first ring, albeit on the other hand.
The fan in me has never cared for Battier as a player, but I’m in an extreme minority, and it isn’t Battier’s fault. He received an overwhelming amount of praise as a “no-stats All-Star” when he played for the Rockets, and I thought it was unwarranted, to say the least.
But if Battier and I ever cross paths to discuss this particular subject, he can just smile and simultaneously show me his two rings, and I’ll have nothing more to say.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 2
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48