Sep 4, 2013, 8:06 PM EDT
There doesn’t really seem to be a whole lot of Shane Battier hate out there in the world, but in case the player who has now won two championships as a member of the Miami Heat runs into someone who isn’t a fan, he’ll be able to silently display both of his rings by raising the middle fingers on each of his hands.
The Heat players have been getting sized for their 2013 rings the last few days, and Battier opted to go with the same finger he chose for his first ring, albeit on the other hand.
The fan in me has never cared for Battier as a player, but I’m in an extreme minority, and it isn’t Battier’s fault. He received an overwhelming amount of praise as a “no-stats All-Star” when he played for the Rockets, and I thought it was unwarranted, to say the least.
But if Battier and I ever cross paths to discuss this particular subject, he can just smile and simultaneously show me his two rings, and I’ll have nothing more to say.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 22
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 26
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4