Sep 4, 2013, 2:24 PM EDT
Here is another tie between Golden State and the new ownership of the Sacramento Kings.
Sacramento’s new owner Vivek Ranadive and been a minority owner with the Warriors, and with him he brought over coach Mike Malone. Now they are close to bringing in a former Warriors’ GM.
Sources say that Mullin has been recruited by the Kings to expand upon his previous senior advisory role in support of new general manager Pete D’Alessandro and majority owner Vivek Ranadive.
D’Alessandro got his start in an NBA front office with the Warriors under Mullin, and it was Mullin who recommended that Ranadive hire D’Alessandro as GM.
This should work out well as the two have a relationship in the past. Plus, another voice, another set of eyes in a front office can be a good thing.
Mullin is a Dream Team and Hall of Fame player who also has worked in NBA front offices. He was the Warriors guy under the former owner Chris Cohen until he lost a power struggle with Don Nelson. Since then he has worked for ESPN as an analyst.
- Wednesday NBA grades: Kevin Durant ends season exactly like you think he would 0
- Finally the NBA playoff match ups are set 29
- PBT Extra: Giving out MVP, end of season awards 5
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 38
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 17