Sep 4, 2013, 2:24 PM EST
Here is another tie between Golden State and the new ownership of the Sacramento Kings.
Sacramento’s new owner Vivek Ranadive and been a minority owner with the Warriors, and with him he brought over coach Mike Malone. Now they are close to bringing in a former Warriors’ GM.
Sources say that Mullin has been recruited by the Kings to expand upon his previous senior advisory role in support of new general manager Pete D’Alessandro and majority owner Vivek Ranadive.
D’Alessandro got his start in an NBA front office with the Warriors under Mullin, and it was Mullin who recommended that Ranadive hire D’Alessandro as GM.
This should work out well as the two have a relationship in the past. Plus, another voice, another set of eyes in a front office can be a good thing.
Mullin is a Dream Team and Hall of Fame player who also has worked in NBA front offices. He was the Warriors guy under the former owner Chris Cohen until he lost a power struggle with Don Nelson. Since then he has worked for ESPN as an analyst.
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 35
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 13
- Report: Danny Ainge telling other teams he won’t trade Rajon Rondo 11
- PBT Extra: How would the NBA benefit from legalized sports betting? 2
- NBPA ready to appeal Jeffery Taylor’s 24-game suspension 12
- Alex Len, No. 5 pick in a draft full of players who looked like busts as rookies, showing he doesn’t deserve the label 5