Sep 4, 2013, 2:24 PM EDT
Here is another tie between Golden State and the new ownership of the Sacramento Kings.
Sacramento’s new owner Vivek Ranadive and been a minority owner with the Warriors, and with him he brought over coach Mike Malone. Now they are close to bringing in a former Warriors’ GM.
Sources say that Mullin has been recruited by the Kings to expand upon his previous senior advisory role in support of new general manager Pete D’Alessandro and majority owner Vivek Ranadive.
D’Alessandro got his start in an NBA front office with the Warriors under Mullin, and it was Mullin who recommended that Ranadive hire D’Alessandro as GM.
This should work out well as the two have a relationship in the past. Plus, another voice, another set of eyes in a front office can be a good thing.
Mullin is a Dream Team and Hall of Fame player who also has worked in NBA front offices. He was the Warriors guy under the former owner Chris Cohen until he lost a power struggle with Don Nelson. Since then he has worked for ESPN as an analyst.
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 0
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 7
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 10
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 4
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 34
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1