Sep 4, 2013, 3:52 PM EST
Driving in Los Angeles today I heard the broadcasters on the Lakers flagship station talking themselves into Michael Beasley. They gave it a lot of caveats — if he would take the league minimum (he’s going to have to) and if he plays within the system (he hasn’t anywhere else, don’t think this will be different Lakers’ fans) — however they said if all that came together he could be a good pickup. Personally, I would say it wouldn’t come together and the Lakers could do better.
However, the Lakers do have reported interest in a young forward who played his college ball in the state of Kansas… just not Beasley.
From Ramona Shelburne of ESPNLosAngeles.com.
Xavier Henry should be the kind of guy the Lakers (and other teams) invite to camp to compete for a roster spot. Not a guy with a guaranteed deal — he did just have another knee surgery this summer — but a guy who gets a chance.
If you’re looking for a wing with potential down the line… even then Henry is not a good bet, but he’s far more likely to fit in with the system than the guy everyone is talking about. This was a guy who in college at KU was knocking down 41.8 percent of his threes and showed the ability to create off the bounce. In the NBA none of that has happened — last season in New Orleans he took a three once every five games but he continued to show his love for the long two pointer. He’s athletic and he can rebound his position well, he just has enough issues on the offensive end the young Hornets/Pelicans did not want him back.
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 0
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 3
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 11
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 8
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 44
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 17