Sep 4, 2013, 6:57 PM EDT
There are two kinds of people who should own classic cars: People with the skills, patience and knowledge to properly keep them up themselves, and people who can afford to pay other people to keep them up for them.
I don’t know how good Kobe Bryant is with cars, but he certainly falls into the later category.
The car was built by West Coast Customs for Kobe as a 2006 Christmas gift for his wife Vanessa (according to the auction site). This was a complete and total rebuild and if you buy it you get Bryant’s registration and insurance card, so you can tell your friends you bought Kobe’s car.
What might impress your friends more is the spread on the car in Lowrider Magazine. Depends on your friends, I guess.
I just bought a new car, so I’m out. It’s on you to pick this up.
Here are a few more photos of the ride.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 6
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 11
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 6
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3