Sep 4, 2013, 6:01 PM EST
If Golden State is going to take a step forward off last season, a few things need to happen for the Warriors.
Among them, David Lee has to be all the way back from the hip flexor surgery he had last May.
Marcus Thompson of the Bay Area News Group put an interview with Lee up on Tout and in it Lee first says that the injury turned out to be more serious than thought once the doctors opened him up. But now he says he feels “no ill effects” and is back to his regular training.
In fact, he said he lost five percent body fat. Which is a good thing. Lee averaged 18.5 points and 11.2 rebounds a game for Golden State last season and if he can be back around that level of production it will be a big step for Golden State. Other ones are needed, but this would be a good first one.
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 6
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 3
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 17
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 46
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 45