Sep 4, 2013, 6:01 PM EDT
If Golden State is going to take a step forward off last season, a few things need to happen for the Warriors.
Among them, David Lee has to be all the way back from the hip flexor surgery he had last May.
Marcus Thompson of the Bay Area News Group put an interview with Lee up on Tout and in it Lee first says that the injury turned out to be more serious than thought once the doctors opened him up. But now he says he feels “no ill effects” and is back to his regular training.
In fact, he said he lost five percent body fat. Which is a good thing. Lee averaged 18.5 points and 11.2 rebounds a game for Golden State last season and if he can be back around that level of production it will be a big step for Golden State. Other ones are needed, but this would be a good first one.
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 16
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 9
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61