Sep 4, 2013, 6:01 PM EDT
If Golden State is going to take a step forward off last season, a few things need to happen for the Warriors.
Among them, David Lee has to be all the way back from the hip flexor surgery he had last May.
Marcus Thompson of the Bay Area News Group put an interview with Lee up on Tout and in it Lee first says that the injury turned out to be more serious than thought once the doctors opened him up. But now he says he feels “no ill effects” and is back to his regular training.
In fact, he said he lost five percent body fat. Which is a good thing. Lee averaged 18.5 points and 11.2 rebounds a game for Golden State last season and if he can be back around that level of production it will be a big step for Golden State. Other ones are needed, but this would be a good first one.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 32
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23