Sep 4, 2013, 6:01 PM EDT
If Golden State is going to take a step forward off last season, a few things need to happen for the Warriors.
Among them, David Lee has to be all the way back from the hip flexor surgery he had last May.
Marcus Thompson of the Bay Area News Group put an interview with Lee up on Tout and in it Lee first says that the injury turned out to be more serious than thought once the doctors opened him up. But now he says he feels “no ill effects” and is back to his regular training.
In fact, he said he lost five percent body fat. Which is a good thing. Lee averaged 18.5 points and 11.2 rebounds a game for Golden State last season and if he can be back around that level of production it will be a big step for Golden State. Other ones are needed, but this would be a good first one.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 8
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 34
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 82
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 57
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19