Sep 4, 2013, 6:01 PM EDT
If Golden State is going to take a step forward off last season, a few things need to happen for the Warriors.
Among them, David Lee has to be all the way back from the hip flexor surgery he had last May.
Marcus Thompson of the Bay Area News Group put an interview with Lee up on Tout and in it Lee first says that the injury turned out to be more serious than thought once the doctors opened him up. But now he says he feels “no ill effects” and is back to his regular training.
In fact, he said he lost five percent body fat. Which is a good thing. Lee averaged 18.5 points and 11.2 rebounds a game for Golden State last season and if he can be back around that level of production it will be a big step for Golden State. Other ones are needed, but this would be a good first one.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 27
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 34
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4