Sep 3, 2013, 8:55 PM EST
Update: WXYZ ABC 7:
Birmingham police are investigating a possible domestic incident involving Detroit Piston’s new head coach Maurice Cheeks.
Officers say they were called to an address along Wooodward Avenue late Friday night after someone inside called police.
Cheeks was never arrested, but was brought into the police station for questioning and later released.
Police tell us they have sent the results of their investigation to the prosecutor for review.
Transition to non sequitur.
New Pistons coach Maurice Cheeks was recently questioned by police, according to The Detroit News:
Birmingham police were called to investigate a dispute involving Pistons coach Maurice Cheeks over the weekend.
Cheeks, who will turn 57 next week, wasn’t arrested or booked, nor were there any charges filed by Birmingham police, according to a source with knowledge of the situation. Cheeks was questioned at the scene and let go.
The un-bylined report has no other context on the incident, and it is way, way too soon to judge Cheeks.
I brought up Budenholzer to highlight the difference between the situations. Budenholzer was charged with a crime, and though he’s contesting the charges, enough evidence existed to file them. That reportedly is not the case with Cheeks.
I’m sure we’ll learn more about the dispute involving Cheeks, but until then, there’s really nothing more to say.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 10
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0