Sep 3, 2013, 8:55 PM EDT
Update: WXYZ ABC 7:
Birmingham police are investigating a possible domestic incident involving Detroit Piston’s new head coach Maurice Cheeks.
Officers say they were called to an address along Wooodward Avenue late Friday night after someone inside called police.
Cheeks was never arrested, but was brought into the police station for questioning and later released.
Police tell us they have sent the results of their investigation to the prosecutor for review.
Transition to non sequitur.
New Pistons coach Maurice Cheeks was recently questioned by police, according to The Detroit News:
Birmingham police were called to investigate a dispute involving Pistons coach Maurice Cheeks over the weekend.
Cheeks, who will turn 57 next week, wasn’t arrested or booked, nor were there any charges filed by Birmingham police, according to a source with knowledge of the situation. Cheeks was questioned at the scene and let go.
The un-bylined report has no other context on the incident, and it is way, way too soon to judge Cheeks.
I brought up Budenholzer to highlight the difference between the situations. Budenholzer was charged with a crime, and though he’s contesting the charges, enough evidence existed to file them. That reportedly is not the case with Cheeks.
I’m sure we’ll learn more about the dispute involving Cheeks, but until then, there’s really nothing more to say.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 8
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 34
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 82
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 57
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19