Sep 3, 2013, 5:55 PM EDT
We told you earlier this summer Mike Bibby was looking to play one more year in the NBA, then follow his father into coaching (although Mike wouldn’t put it that way).
Problem was, he was unimpressive with the Knicks two seasons ago — 39 games, 2.9 points per game with a PER of 7.8 — and last season he was out of the league completely.
But according to our friend Jared Zwerling of ESPNNewYork.com Bibby has at least gotten his foot in the door.
The Bibby of 2010 (well past his prime) could crack that rotation, but things deteriorated fast after that. Unless you think he and Ponce de León found the fountain of youth, it’s hard to see Bibby returning to that form.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 0
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10