Sep 3, 2013, 5:55 PM EDT
We told you earlier this summer Mike Bibby was looking to play one more year in the NBA, then follow his father into coaching (although Mike wouldn’t put it that way).
Problem was, he was unimpressive with the Knicks two seasons ago — 39 games, 2.9 points per game with a PER of 7.8 — and last season he was out of the league completely.
But according to our friend Jared Zwerling of ESPNNewYork.com Bibby has at least gotten his foot in the door.
The Bibby of 2010 (well past his prime) could crack that rotation, but things deteriorated fast after that. Unless you think he and Ponce de León found the fountain of youth, it’s hard to see Bibby returning to that form.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 13
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 32
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28