Sep 3, 2013, 5:55 PM EST
We told you earlier this summer Mike Bibby was looking to play one more year in the NBA, then follow his father into coaching (although Mike wouldn’t put it that way).
Problem was, he was unimpressive with the Knicks two seasons ago — 39 games, 2.9 points per game with a PER of 7.8 — and last season he was out of the league completely.
But according to our friend Jared Zwerling of ESPNNewYork.com Bibby has at least gotten his foot in the door.
Source: NBA veteran Mike Bibby is participating in a Spurs mini-camp this week with "a bunch of guys" for mostly training camp invites.—
Jared Zwerling (@JaredZwerling) September 03, 2013
The Bibby of 2010 (well past his prime) could crack that rotation, but things deteriorated fast after that. Unless you think he and Ponce de León found the fountain of youth, it’s hard to see Bibby returning to that form.
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)