Sep 3, 2013, 5:55 PM EDT
We told you earlier this summer Mike Bibby was looking to play one more year in the NBA, then follow his father into coaching (although Mike wouldn’t put it that way).
Problem was, he was unimpressive with the Knicks two seasons ago — 39 games, 2.9 points per game with a PER of 7.8 — and last season he was out of the league completely.
But according to our friend Jared Zwerling of ESPNNewYork.com Bibby has at least gotten his foot in the door.
The Bibby of 2010 (well past his prime) could crack that rotation, but things deteriorated fast after that. Unless you think he and Ponce de León found the fountain of youth, it’s hard to see Bibby returning to that form.
- PBT Extra: Spurs lead Texas winners in NBA Free Agency 0
- J.J. Redick: Clippers deserve “F” for free agency after losing DeAndre Jordan 22
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 18
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 18
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 24
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 80