Sep 3, 2013, 12:01 PM EDT
UPDATE 12:01 pm: The Celtics’ Jared Sullinger appeared in court Tuesday morning and was arraigned on charges of battery, malicious destruction of property and witness intimidation in a domestic abuse case involving his girlfriend.
Sullinger pled not guilty. His bail was set at $5,000 and he is will pay that. According to observers in the courtroom he had little reaction during the short process (an arraignment is just a formal reading of the charges).
Here are a few tweets from people who were in the Massachusetts courtroom.
10:24 am: Celtics big man Jared Sullinger has been arrested in a Boston area suburb of Waltham on a domestic violence charged related to an incident with his girlfriend, reports CSNNE.com.
The incident happened Sunday night and Tuesday morning Sullinger turned himself in to authorities. He has been charged with battery, malicious destruction of property and witness intimidation and is expected to be arraigned on Tuesday.
According to reports, police were called out to Sullinger’s residence on Saturday night, but when they arrived he was not there. Soon a warrant was issued for his arrest.
In his rookie season last year, Sullinger averaged 6 points and 5.9 rebounds a game, playing well for the Celtics until he was forced to have back surgery that kept him out the rest of the season.
This is a serious charge and if guilty Sullinger should face the weight of the law.
- Report: Suns, Eric Bledsoe have ‘made progress’ on a new contract in last couple of days 1
- Report: Michael Beasley reaches agreement with Memphis Grizzlies 5
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 3
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 19
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16