Sep 3, 2013, 12:01 PM EDT
UPDATE 12:01 pm: The Celtics’ Jared Sullinger appeared in court Tuesday morning and was arraigned on charges of battery, malicious destruction of property and witness intimidation in a domestic abuse case involving his girlfriend.
Sullinger pled not guilty. His bail was set at $5,000 and he is will pay that. According to observers in the courtroom he had little reaction during the short process (an arraignment is just a formal reading of the charges).
Here are a few tweets from people who were in the Massachusetts courtroom.
10:24 am: Celtics big man Jared Sullinger has been arrested in a Boston area suburb of Waltham on a domestic violence charged related to an incident with his girlfriend, reports CSNNE.com.
The incident happened Sunday night and Tuesday morning Sullinger turned himself in to authorities. He has been charged with battery, malicious destruction of property and witness intimidation and is expected to be arraigned on Tuesday.
According to reports, police were called out to Sullinger’s residence on Saturday night, but when they arrived he was not there. Soon a warrant was issued for his arrest.
In his rookie season last year, Sullinger averaged 6 points and 5.9 rebounds a game, playing well for the Celtics until he was forced to have back surgery that kept him out the rest of the season.
This is a serious charge and if guilty Sullinger should face the weight of the law.
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 46
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 64
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 19
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 39
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 30
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3