Sep 3, 2013, 12:01 PM EDT
UPDATE 12:01 pm: The Celtics’ Jared Sullinger appeared in court Tuesday morning and was arraigned on charges of battery, malicious destruction of property and witness intimidation in a domestic abuse case involving his girlfriend.
Sullinger pled not guilty. His bail was set at $5,000 and he is will pay that. According to observers in the courtroom he had little reaction during the short process (an arraignment is just a formal reading of the charges).
Here are a few tweets from people who were in the Massachusetts courtroom.
10:24 am: Celtics big man Jared Sullinger has been arrested in a Boston area suburb of Waltham on a domestic violence charged related to an incident with his girlfriend, reports CSNNE.com.
The incident happened Sunday night and Tuesday morning Sullinger turned himself in to authorities. He has been charged with battery, malicious destruction of property and witness intimidation and is expected to be arraigned on Tuesday.
According to reports, police were called out to Sullinger’s residence on Saturday night, but when they arrived he was not there. Soon a warrant was issued for his arrest.
In his rookie season last year, Sullinger averaged 6 points and 5.9 rebounds a game, playing well for the Celtics until he was forced to have back surgery that kept him out the rest of the season.
This is a serious charge and if guilty Sullinger should face the weight of the law.
- PBT Extra: Spurs lead Texas winners in NBA Free Agency 0
- J.J. Redick: Clippers deserve “F” for free agency after losing DeAndre Jordan 18
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 15
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 16
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 24
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 80