Sep 3, 2013, 2:12 PM EDT
This weekend, Gary Payton heads into the Hall of Fame. As it should be.
What I love about this top 10 put together by NBA.com is that it includes some defensive plays and some passes. He’s famed for his defense (he thinks John Stockton was his toughest cover), but he averaged 16.3 points and 6.7 assists per game over his career — he could run a team and knew how to make plays.
Enjoy. It’s going to be a fun week looking back at some of the game’s greats.
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 0
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 9
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 13
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 25
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 6
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 88