Sep 3, 2013, 2:12 PM EST
This weekend, Gary Payton heads into the Hall of Fame. As it should be.
What I love about this top 10 put together by NBA.com is that it includes some defensive plays and some passes. He’s famed for his defense (he thinks John Stockton was his toughest cover), but he averaged 16.3 points and 6.7 assists per game over his career — he could run a team and knew how to make plays.
Enjoy. It’s going to be a fun week looking back at some of the game’s greats.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 11
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13