Sep 3, 2013, 2:12 PM EDT
This weekend, Gary Payton heads into the Hall of Fame. As it should be.
What I love about this top 10 put together by NBA.com is that it includes some defensive plays and some passes. He’s famed for his defense (he thinks John Stockton was his toughest cover), but he averaged 16.3 points and 6.7 assists per game over his career — he could run a team and knew how to make plays.
Enjoy. It’s going to be a fun week looking back at some of the game’s greats.
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 2
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 1
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 52
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6