Sep 3, 2013, 2:12 PM EDT
This weekend, Gary Payton heads into the Hall of Fame. As it should be.
What I love about this top 10 put together by NBA.com is that it includes some defensive plays and some passes. He’s famed for his defense (he thinks John Stockton was his toughest cover), but he averaged 16.3 points and 6.7 assists per game over his career — he could run a team and knew how to make plays.
Enjoy. It’s going to be a fun week looking back at some of the game’s greats.
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 6
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 5
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 34
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 9
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40